English Premier League 2021/22 Season

2 hours ago, velo army said:

Don't get the Pickford hate tbh. He has a pretty shite hairdo and is the England keeper. I haven't seen him do anything overly county though. He isn't in the same wheelhouse as, for instance, Harry Kane when he was trying to paralyse defenders. 

I mind him halfing VVD which was pretty clumsy, but what else? I only watch highlights, so I'm keeping an open mind. 

It's because he's an England international.

That's enough to trigger the Tartan Army oddballs of P&B.

39 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

To be honest I think Pickford’s a bit of a w**k but the state some folk get themselves into over Everton on here is bizarre and so obviously just because they have England internationals playing for and managing them.

Burnley are the obvious choice to want relegated for me. They play shite football and appear to be largely supported by Brexit loving wanks.

3 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

True, but even more that he is the keeper.

Has there ever been an English international keeper, that US Jocks not hated?

Watching the United game just now and something I’ve noticed is his small the OT pitch looks compared to Anfield and the Etihad. Now it’s probably not, I reckon it’s the way Liverpool and City play. Every time a United player gets the ball they look utterly surrounded with nowhere to go.

15 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Watching the United game just now and something I’ve noticed is his small the OT pitch looks compared to Anfield and the Etihad. Now it’s probably not, I reckon it’s the way Liverpool and City play. Every time a United player gets the ball they look utterly surrounded with nowhere to go.

Anfield pitch is smaller. Was just reading this week that it's too small to be used for Euro 2028 bid. Etihad is bigger.

Just now, Raven said:

Anfield pitch is smaller. Was just reading this week that it's too small to be used for Euro 2028 bid. Etihad is bigger.

Yet it looks massive when Liverpool play on it. Just shows you how effectively they use it. OT is bigger but because United get closed down so quickly by everyone, it looks tiny.

11 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Mad that Mata has had barely had any game time but shite like Rashford & Martial were persevered with

Was just thinking this. Just shows how bad that Ole Gunner Diddy and The Silly Auld Fart have been collectively!! Which is pleasing tbqhwy.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

The atmosphere at old Trafford is pathetic 

Was there tonight (in the away end) and I have to say that it was quite possibly the worst home crowd I've ever seen. Knew the tourist phenomenon was big but I've never seen the like. They never applauded the team onto the pitch as the cameras were out to film it and they sat in silence the entire game. 

Last home game of the season you'd expect something more. Sack going to such a soulless stadium every second week, must be demoralising for the players as well.

On 02/05/2022 at 00:07, craigkillie said:

Wouldn't be hugely surprised if Chelsea end up 5th, they seem to have packed it in for the season.

Yeah, they have been horrendous the last few matches, I think Tuchel knows he is likely going as do many of the players.

The motd commentary of the Everton game was nauseating, that's why people want them to go down - they are clearly media darlings. Also, I certainly don't hate any footballer, but Pickford because he is clearly a bit shit but gets bigged up because he plays for England. That's all. 

If he had the temerity to be Johnny Foreigner he would be slated given he's clearly a bit (very much backed up by goalkeeper statistics this season). Re the much vaunted save he would look a bit stupid if that went in (given it was to the centre of the goal), it was the unorthodox approach that made it look better than it was. Ben Foster made a better save this weekend (an English goalkeeper it is hard to dislike).