English Premier League 2021/22 Season

3 hours ago, Charles Stiles said:

You must be new to manager speak.

Yep, Klopp knows how vulnerable TAA is defensively, he gambles on it because he thinks what he offers going forward makes up for it.

Every game the opposition will target him as he is the weak link defensively.

There's a chance he might get better defensively with more coaching but I think even then there will still be limitations, he's not as dynamic as most modern elite full backs.

Reece James might end being the better player (if he can overcome persistent injuries).

Yep, Klopp knows how vulnerable TAA is defensively, he gambles on it because he thinks what he offers going forward makes up for it.
Every game the opposition will target him as he is the weak link defensively.
There's a chance he might get better defensively with more coaching but I think even then there will still be limitations, he's not as dynamic as most modern elite full backs.
Reece James might end being the better player (if he can overcome persistent injuries).
His playmaking is just mental though and his ability to dig out passes and crosses from all positions makes up for a lack of dynamism.

On a similar note, Robertson's development is really impressive and maybe even the benchmark for Alexander-Arnold. I think a lot of us had question marks over him defensively but now he's a top class 1v1 defender and can often set the pressing tempo for Scotland. His far side defending last night was great too. Still prone to being over-eager as well as dropping deeper than the rest of the line, but seeing a Scot progress to the highest level and stay there for years is class.

1 minute ago, ClathyDave said:

Taking their time! I didn’t catch what the guys t-shirt said.

Whatever it was the cameras got very little of it so a colossal waste of time for the w****r. What a fucking idiot cable tying his neck to the goalpost like that.

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

Stop the Oil

Weird all the fans having a go at him when there have been huge anti-war statements throughout the league but here we are.

It has been the highlight of the game. Absolutely brilliant.