English Premier League 2021/22 Season

Was this the Newcastle freekick? Looked to me like the ref wasn't sure so just gave a pen knowing that VAR would bail him out either way. Right decision in the end and the Geordies got what they wanted anyway.
About them buying their way to safety. Yes of course having the money has made a massive difference and helped bring people in, but other than Trippier the signings haven't had much of an impact yet.
Far more credit has to go to Eddie Howe for changing the style of play of the team and the mentality of some players. Fraser & Shelvey are playing better than they have for a long time, Willock is starting to look like he cares about football again and not just a contract, Joelinton is a completely different player in his new position and the previously calamitous & weak defence is starting to look more secure.
Trippier has a broken bone in his foot, so he'll be out for a while.

That’s my point. What Maguire did was worse and had a government funded TV show making him out to be a victim.
One’s white and one is black.

Getting into a scrap whilst pished on holiday is absolute w****r material but doesn't come close to kicking a defenseless animal about like a football, it has nothing to do with skin colour, Zouma is getting hounded because he's a shitebag who beat his cat.

Don't forget Maguire also used a racist dogwhistle to deflect attention onto unspecified 'Albanians'.

There's no doubt he got an easy ride due to being an English international (and occasional captain?).

He's a shockingly bad player tho so probably best he wasn't emptied, seeing him getting rinsed week in week out is even better entertainment given what an utter scumbag he is in his personal life.

Attacking people and trying to bribe cops is worse than kicking a cat imo (although I don't doubt Zouma has frequently done worse off camera).

Edited by Satoshi

When Man City started out on their megabucks journey, they had to sign a lot of middle of the road shite, too. Just like Newcastle are now. That's kind of your starting point, you can't just walk into the market and buy 10 top quality players at once. 

There is very, very little difference between Newcastle's new story and Manchester City's past. 

Yep, man city also had to go through sven goran eriksson and mark hughes tier managers before they got to roberto mancini/pellegrini types.

They'll luck out occasionally with the fees they pay though and once they hit gold with a signing a la Aguero/Kompany at Man City they can just fling money at them to stay.

When Man City started out on their megabucks journey, they had to sign a lot of middle of the road shite, too. Just like Newcastle are now. That's kind of your starting point, you can't just walk into the market and buy 10 top quality players at once. 
There is very, very little difference between Newcastle's new story and Manchester City's past. 

They weren’t going to do anything out of the ordinary this January either. It was quite clear Trippier was there for whoever in England made him a decent offer and Newcastle made him their top priority. Everyone else has been to help give them a platform for the summer.

If they do stay up, which I’d say is looking more likely the summer rebuild will be interesting to watch.

Just had a look at the highlights and I felt that was a harsh red. I thought it had to be deliberate to be a sending off, and not just the denial of a clear goal scoring opportunity? The United lad nicks the ball as the defender is about to play it. There's also a covering defender. Very strange.

Good to see big Ron like that. Passionate, determined and celebrating a goal organically. 

@accies1874 what was the beef with McTam?

Just had a look at the highlights and I felt that was a harsh red. I thought it had to be deliberate to be a sending off, and not just the denial of a clear goal scoring opportunity? The United lad nicks the ball as the defender is about to play it. There's also a covering defender. Very strange.
Good to see big Ron like that. Passionate, determined and celebrating a goal organically. 
[mention=53099]accies1874[/mention] what was the beef with McTam?

I've no idea how McTominay played but it was his tackle that got the ball to Ronaldo for his goal. 
Im genuinely convinced no gets a shittier end of the stick re fans/social media opinion than McTominay.

I have seen him have very very few stinkers for Man U despite being pretty much ever present when they have been an absolute banter fest

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Im genuinely convinced no gets a shittier end of the stick re fans/social media opinion than McTominay.

I have seen him have very very few stinkers for Man U despite being pretty much ever present when they have been an absolute banter fest

It's bizarre, regardless of how he plays, he always seems to be singled out. 

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There is also a bit of a sneering Twitter brigade around his ability as a number six. You know the type: every tweet is with a huge air of condescension as if no one could possibly understand football like they do.  I’ve even seen comments suggesting Kenny McLean would be a better option alongside Billy Gilmour (if McGregor was injured) He certainly isn’t ideal in that position, and is better pressing/ picking the ball up higher and driving on but for me that is a wild shout. 

There is also a bit of a sneering Twitter brigade around his ability as a number six. You know the type: every tweet is with a huge air of condescension as if no one could possibly understand football like they do.  I’ve even seen comments suggesting Kenny McLean would be a better option alongside Billy Gilmour (if McGregor was injured) He certainly isn’t ideal in that position, and is better pressing/ picking the ball up higher and driving on but for me that is a wild shout. 
I think theres a bit of grudgery from Man U fans that hes the cheap option from the post Fergie era that they are choking to move on from, which leads them not to actually judge his peformances which are considerably better than, for example, the 50 million quid Fred in beside him, or the 30 million quid Van De Beek. He has outlasted plenty of midfielders and plenty of managers and at some point, the armchair analysts on Twitter are going to have accept they know less.