English Premier League 2021/22 Season

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

He's been fined 2 weeks wages and as far as the clubs concerned that's that, hope sponsors start pulling out.

Whoever pulls out are ultimately going to be replaced. Adidas have dropped Zouma and it now seems he won't play Sunday.

18 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Whoever pulls out are ultimately going to be replaced. Adidas have dropped Zouma and it now seems he won't play Sunday.

This is where clubs are stupid. It was entirely predictable there would be some outrage over this and unhappy sponsors.  

They would have been better to act early, hammer Zouma and drop him for a few games, fine him more than 2 weeks wages, make him go do voluntary work or something . Do this when it happens and it looks like an appropriate reaction to what he did and the club looks like it cares about the animal cruelty and the club has principles. People probably happy overall with a strong punishment.

Do it now there’s a big fuss made and sponsors and supporters are raging and it looks like you are just reacting to the outrage and don’t actually care about what the player has done (a bit like Raith Rovers with Goodwillie) but the money and support you are losing as a result. A lose-lose situation, you lost the support and any morals you may want to at least pretend your club has.

10 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

It was an odd atmosphere there last night. He got a fair bit of abuse, but there were a few who started getting the hump with it as it continued into the second half.

One of the sponsors has come out and said they will reevaluate their partnership with West Ham, they do however have ties with Sea World, so a bit odd.

Leicester away on Sunday, hardly a partisan crowd but expect him to be targeted, and deservedly so.

It doesn't take much for Hammers supporters to fall out at the best of times.

They were fighting in the queues to get in when I was there because they weren't getting in fast enough.

16 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They were fighting in the queues to get in when I was there because they weren't getting in fast enough.

Still an issue, as is getting away from the place. Strange considering Brady stated the move would give "World class transport links".

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

A lose-lose situation, you lost the support and any morals you may want to at least pretend your club has.

I don't think GSB have ever been known for their morals. Mentioned it before, but the book "Legacy" about the Olympics and subsequent awarding of the stadium is well worth reading to see how bad Sullivan actually is.

1 minute ago, LondonHMFC said:

Still an issue, as is getting away from the place. Strange considering Brady stated the move would give "World class transport links".

It was a bit of a palaver. I had to circumnavigate the shopping centre as football types weren't allowed to cut through it.

I do look like a cross between Cass Pennant and Alf Garnett though.

Can't argue too much, Leeds were worth (at least) a draw, though disappointing to concede two fairly shite goals. My main take from the game though is that Philippe Coutinho is insanely, ridiculously, stupidly, fucking amazing.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa