English Premier League 2021/22 Season

25 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Thomas Partey is an absolute liability. Drags the Arsenal team down to his level. Very over rated defensive midfielder. Positionally poor and loses the ball under the slightest bit of pressure.

If only he knew that if he’d signed for a Scottish club he’d become known as “Big Tam Pairty” and inadvertently become the coolest player in the country.

Edited by 8MileBU

Absolutely hate VAR for offside calls like that. I could have looked at that first Richarlison goal for hours, without the lines, and still not been able to see it as offside. It's utterly pointless having this technology for that and it's completely ruining the experience. Not allowed to properly celebrate a goal in real time is the worst thing to happen to the game in my lifetime. In fact, possibly in the history of the game. 

14 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Gomez must be shite if you decide to pass to Iwobi.

Said similar at the time. A guy free either side of you and you consciously choose him, presumably expecting him to score. The folly would have been fully shown up if Aubameyang hadn't missed the sitter a minute or two later. It beggars belief.

13 hours ago, velo army said:

Absolutely hate VAR for offside calls like that. I could have looked at that first Richarlison goal for hours, without the lines, and still not been able to see it as offside. It's utterly pointless having this technology for that and it's completely ruining the experience. Not allowed to properly celebrate a goal in real time is the worst thing to happen to the game in my lifetime. In fact, possibly in the history of the game. 

I keep seeing this and think people are actually being serious. It must warm peoples hearts to see opposition fans joyously celebrating a goal wrongly awarded against you. 'Ah bless. We've just lost a crucial game to a bad decision but at least they got to properly celebrate the goal so at least my match day experience wasn't ruined '.  Talk about wrong priorities. 

46 minutes ago, Charles Stiles said:

Said similar at the time. A guy free either side of you and you consciously choose him, presumably expecting him to score. The folly would have been fully shown up if Aubameyang hadn't missed the sitter a minute or two later. It beggars belief.

I keep seeing this and think people are actually being serious. It must warm peoples hearts to see opposition fans joyously celebrating a goal wrongly awarded against you. 'Ah bless. We've just lost a crucial game to a bad decision but at least they got to properly celebrate the goal so at least my match day experience wasn't ruined '.  Talk about wrong priorities. 

That's a strangely adversarial reading of what I said. I want to be able to celebrate a goal in real time. Due to the current situation I have to fucking wait while they check that an offside/handball/foul didn't occur in the buildup. It doesn't mitigate this feeling knowing that opposition fans will also experience this. It isn't a zero sum game.