English Premier League 2021/22 Season

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Going to stick to this game. Gilmour is playing 

Hanley and McLean too

Really would love to see Newcastle relegated.......with the new owner combo of Saudi's and Tories...could not happen to better people.

Dont normally watch English football but took the chance with this being on Amazon Prime....will no dobt log on to the wifies game in a few minutes on the BBC iPlayer

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I don't even get the reference.  Is it because Tominay looks a bit like Tomato and that's a type of sauce?  Or is sauce a nickname he had when he was younger?

Maybe I'm being wooshed, but I'm sure it was because McTominay was seen as the "secret sauce" that turned Man Utd from being a bog standard side who couldn't control the midfield into one that was able to keep possession, not give silly goals away and finish in a respectable league position. You only have to go back to when he first became a regular to see/read/hear pundits, podcasts and supporters say that he had became one of the first names on the team sheet and that they missed him when he was out the team. Fred, on the other hand, has never had the same praise despite the hefty price tag and being quite a heavily utilised member of the first team squad. 

Edited by Salvo Montalbano
Sentences making sense not.