English Premier League 2021/22 Season

I'm mystified as to how anyone can think Townsend booting a Brentford player in the face could be anything other than a penalty.

Toney converts to put them 1-0 ahead.
Probably lucky to stay on the park tbh. Whether or not I think he SHOULD walk im not fully sure, but from what we have seen since VAR came along, hes a lucky boy

Probably lucky to stay on the park tbh. Whether or not I think he SHOULD walk im not fully sure, but from what we have seen since VAR came along, hes a lucky boy
Definitely. What gets me though is that if that challenge happens outside the box then the ref blows instantly for a free kick.

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Definitely. What gets me though is that if that challenge happens outside the box then the ref blows instantly for a free kick.

I dont know if they are using VAR as a backstop really, but allowing play to go on after someone has been hoofed right in the dial, penalty or not, isnt great either.

I dont know if they are using VAR as a backstop really, but allowing play to go on after someone has been hoofed right in the dial, penalty or not, isnt great either.
VAR will always get stick as long as it is operated by morons. How Everton don't get a penalty for that jersey pull on Rondon right on half time I really can't comprehend.

Just heard a really strange statement there.....

"Manchester United have problems today, theres no Harry Maguire"

What am I missing?

They are playing Bailey and lindeloff with Phil Jones waiting to come off the bench. All three are shit and should be nowhere near Man U's squad, especially with the money they have spent.

Carrick absolutely shitting it by starting Fred, Matic and McTominay. Ronaldo dropped to the bench.

Not for the first time when I've watched them this season Everton have been woeful. Without Calvert-Lewin doing the legwork up front they have little threat, and Rondon is very slow, and doesn't convert good chances that come his way. Should have scored a couple today.

18 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
55 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

VAR will always get stick as long as it is operated by morons. How Everton don't get a penalty for that jersey pull on Rondon right on half time I really can't comprehend.

The pundits invariably say that awarding penalties for such incidents would result in matches ending 22-all or similar. Personally, I think that would be great, but more likely defenders would stop committing these ridiculous acts.

The pundits invariably say that awarding penalties for such incidents would result in matches ending 22-all or similar. Personally, I think that would be great, but more likely defenders would stop committing these ridiculous acts.
I can understand when it's very slight contact, but he had Rondon's jersey up around his shoulders.

15 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

It's amazing how often players doing stupid things is the fault of the rules, not the fault of the thickos doing those stupid things.

See also: we want to see 22 players on the pitch, the refs need to stop showing cards for those things the laws require them to.

11 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

That seems like a very odd team from United - going with the Pep ‘no strikers’ tactic but with much worse players. 

Carrick has clearly been on the communion wine this morning, hopefully a CB goes off injured early on just to allow Phil Jones to come on.  This has potential for another hilarious Utd display.

54 minutes ago, meanmistermustard said:

They are playing Bailey and lindeloff with Phil Jones waiting to come off the bench. All three are shit and should be nowhere near Man U's squad, especially with the money they have spent.

I agree they arent top level contenders, but both are individually more conpetent defenders than Harry Maguire