English Premier League 2021/22 Season

But Jack Grealish is an absolute nobody in World Terms. He played for a small club and hasn't won any significant trophies. It's nothing Beckham at Man Utd. 

He also made little impact at the Euros so won't have raised his profile there either. 

4 hours ago, Meldrew said:

they're getting there, muricans and middle and far east fans are all pretty new, but its the english kids, city have stolen a generation of fans from United, that will be telling in a decade or so

aye exactly this....

My wee nephew, 7 years old, lives in Falkirk... little dickhead....last season he gets a Liverpool top for his birthday(his Birthday in early May so handy for glory hunting), then this season I see a picture of him in a Man City top.   I was seething ("ye cannae change yer team!!!") until the wife reminded me he's just a wee boy.  

To be fair I mentioned this on another thread today but when he was 5, his Gran got him a Falkirk top.  Being a lifelong Bairn I was looking forward to taking to him to his first game etc...but then last season I see pictures on Facebook of him in a Rangers top(my brother is an armchair h*n).  So aye, with the recent Falkirk seasons I cant really blame him but still depressing to see.

Still time to turn him from the Dark Side but I fear the worst.  Still, hes now off my will.   

Normally around January/early February is when they have their break. In recent years the break has been split over two weeks so there are always games on each weekend. Looks like they have all teams breaking at the same time this year.

It may be because CONCACAF/CONMEBOL have had to squeeze in an extra bunch of World Cup Qualifiers then to catch up from Covid delays. So would guess maybe the Premier League thought they might as well just avoid that weekend and break all at the same time.

34 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

£47 a game, and that’s with buying in bulk.

Best league in the world.

its all relative, £47 quid to watch Arsenal v Man Utd or £18 to watch Ayr United v Killie only people who have an account on this board would probably go for the Ayr/Killie game.

*not sure how it works now, but Arsenal used to have different tiers for their tickets, Spurs, Chelsea, United would be more expensive than Burnley, West Brom and Everton.

33 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

its all relative, £47 quid to watch Arsenal v Man Utd or £18 to watch Ayr United v Killie only people who have an account on this board would probably go for the Ayr/Killie game.

*not sure how it works now, but Arsenal used to have different tiers for their tickets, Spurs, Chelsea, United would be more expensive than Burnley, West Brom and Everton.

Just to be picky - the cost per game of a season ticket at Ayr works out at £14.44. £18 is the walk up price.

The cheapest walk up prices at Arsenal for the low category games are a surprising amount cheaper than the season ticket works out. But that’s only against the diddy teams and I don’t know how many tickets are made available or what the cost is of membership in the first place.

https://www.arsenal.com/tickets/member-ticket-prices

Football at nearly every level in the U.K. is far too overpriced but nearly £900 for the cheapest season ticket is just absurd.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Just to be picky - the cost per game of a season ticket at Ayr works out at £14.44. £18 is the walk up price.

The cheapest walk up prices at Arsenal for the low category games are a surprising amount cheaper than the season ticket works out. But that’s only against the diddy teams and I don’t know how many tickets are made available or what the cost is of membership in the first place.

https://www.arsenal.com/tickets/member-ticket-prices

Football at nearly every level in the U.K. is far too overpriced but nearly £900 for the cheapest season ticket is just absurd.

no walk up prices at big english teams anymore, its season books, membership, or a wildly overpriced exchanges , spurs, united, chelsea will all cost you £95 from the club, but you will have to have bought a membership at around £40 quid to get into the ballot, i dread to think what viagogo would charge

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Thousands remain unsold for St.James' Park on Sunday. 

A mixture of Covid and folk pissed of wi Ashley I think. 

Holidays are the most likely explanation. The English school terms finished around two weeks ago.

Do Newcastle usually sell out their home games at the start of the season? 

2 hours ago, Meldrew said:

what's the latest with the possible takeover ? 

Everybody still hopeful but I personally canny see it. 

Ashley very happy wi 17th or better every season and looking at the season ahead I cant see them near bottom 3 even though having signed naebody.

Bruce might be worth a wager for 1st to go though as he got away wi it last season wi nae crowds.

I've yet to meet a NUFC fan happy wi him. 

52 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Holidays are the most likely explanation. The English school terms finished around two weeks ago.

Do Newcastle usually sell out their home games at the start of the season? 

I don't think hols comes into it.

I'd say 1st games of season would sell out very quick and be nowhere near a public sale hols or no hols.

41 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Everybody still hopeful but I personally canny see it. 

Ashley very happy wi 17th or better every season and looking at the season ahead I cant see them near bottom 3 even though having signed naebody.

Bruce might be worth a wager for 1st to go though as he got away wi it last season wi nae crowds.

I've yet to meet a NUFC fan happy wi him. 

i personally wouldnt want the saudis anywhere near my club, regardless of what they may bring.

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I don't think hols comes into it.

I'd say 1st games of season would sell out very quick and be nowhere near a public sale hols or no hols.

Holidays could come into it this year. A lot of people did not have a holiday last year. Popular English hotels and holiday camps have been fully booked for months.

The Government's crazy travel rule changes in recent months have delayed the recovery in the UK foreign holiday market. Those who are fully vaccinated, especially those with children at school, are rushing to Spain now.