English Premier League 2021/22 Season

8 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

It can take a hell of a long time for financially shaky clubs to recover from relegation, if they do.  Look at how long it took Leeds to get back, or look at teams like Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Coventry, Portsmouth who had long top flight runs before going down and have never come back up

Portsmouth were only in the top flight (last time round) for 7 successive seasons.

Forest had 16 in a row, ending in 1993 before going down, up, down, up and goodbye.

Sheffield Wednesday had 8, (starting in 1993).

Coventry City far and away the longest run, 1967/68 - 2000/01

Not only is it amazing to see Liverpool as a club fall flat, Flopp to reinforce his moniker and Everton partying it all, Tanya has added much hilarity to this afternoon also.right up yi. Every last one of yi. 

12 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I wish Man City had lost now. Awful.

Imagine this on speed and that would be how it is if Liverpool won it. This is mild compared to how a Liverpool win would be covered.

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

What do you mean what does it matter? It shows how feckin’ far behind the Glasgow uglies the next best team here is, and is relevant when someone suggests it’s safe to say Liverpool and Man City are now more dominant in their league than Celtic and The Rangers are up here. Celtic and The Rangers are an absolute million miles ahead of everyone else. There is going to be no challenge to their absolute dominance. None. Christ, even when one of them had fcuked off to the seaside leagues, their buddy in bigotry won every title. Game’s a bogey.

They are more dominant.

More points gained. More goals scored. Fewer goals conceded.

Those are the facts.

10 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

What do you mean what does it matter? It shows how feckin’ far behind the Glasgow uglies the next best team here is, and is relevant when someone suggests it’s safe to say Liverpool and Man City are now more dominant in their league than Celtic and The Rangers are up here. Celtic and The Rangers are an absolute million miles ahead of everyone else. There is going to be no challenge to their absolute dominance. None. Christ, even when one of them had fcuked off to the seaside leagues, their buddy in bigotry won every title. Game’s a bogey.

Tbf it’s hardly a new thing up here. I seen a stat last week that said since 1890 they’ve won over 85% of the top league titles between them. I’d be surprised if another league anywhere in the world can match that or even come close. 

54 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I can’t help think that if Klopp had shown Wolves more respect and played his strongest team then Liverpool could have shot out of the blocks and put intense pressure on City, instead they struggled to break Wolves down.

Still, there’s a reason that despite Sky being in total love with the guy that he’s only won 3 league titles in the ‘Big 5’ leagues in a managerial career that’s spanned over 20 years.

City were 2 nil down after 75 minutes whilst Liverpool had a slightly weakened side, not sure how Liverpool playing their best 11 would have yielded a much better return from the City game than that. City knew they were going to have to win so I'm not sure what difference Liverpool already being ahead would have made to City's mindset. If anything it might have made them play with a bit more urgency earlier on.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Why did Sonny and Salah share a golden boot? Does it not go to assists then minutes played or whatever if its equal?

I assumed it must have been a recent thing, but it has possibly always been that way(just hasn't happened too often). First time I noticed it was when Mane, Salah and Aubameyang all shared it one season(think it was 18/19)

49 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbf it’s hardly a new thing up here. I seen a stat last week that said since 1890 they’ve won over 85% of the top league titles between them. I’d be surprised if another league anywhere in the world can match that or even come close. 

List of Portuguese football champions - Wikipedia

41 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

City were 2 nil down after 75 minutes whilst Liverpool had a slightly weakened side, not sure how Liverpool playing their best 11 would have yielded a much better return from the City game than that. City knew they were going to have to win so I'm not sure what difference Liverpool already being ahead would have made to City's mindset. If anything it might have made them play with a bit more urgency earlier on.

Well we’ll never know now. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

That's the BBC reporting that Olsen was assaulted during it now aswell.

Has to stop.

Agree mate but the English fans have been behaving like sub-human vermin since the 70’s when hooliganism really came to the fore. There is clearly no appetite by their fans to change to it’s difficult to stop that type of behaviour.

What a final day that was, pure Barclays. Fantastic entertainment for the neutral.
Glad Leeds have stayed up and City deserved title winners. A great season all round.