English Premier League 2021/22 Season

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Burnley and Leeds grumbling about some jiggery pokery in Everton's financial reporting. 

In their present circumstances, it may appear like sour grapes, but they are right. Terribly mistimed though, they possibly wouldn't have raised this had they been clear of relegation.

15 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Burnley and Leeds grumbling about some jiggery pokery in Everton's financial reporting. 

It's been quite well documented, basically they're fucked. Everyone else has managed to give decent excuses for where the money comes from but Everton have made a right arse of their accounts and are in for a huge points reduction but it'll be next season (allowing for appeals) until it hits them.

2 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Aren't Burnley buggered financially if they go down as well?

Yeah they've got a Covid support loan from the EPL which will be immediately repayable if they get relegated. I'm not sure if they'll actually have to pay them anything or if their parachute payment will just have a big chunk taken out of it. 

3 hours ago, greendot said:

Even with Watford at Chelsea and Norwich at Spurs I don't see that happening!

Probably not - the goals always fly in on final day of season and I put this bet on every year. We should all do it, it’s fun.

12 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

What we saying then? Tottenham to shit the bed and Arsenal to have a scoreless draw with Everton?

That would be peak Arsenal this season. 

I can see Spurs slipping up though. This is exactly the sort of fixture they have a tendency to trip over.