English Premier League 2021/22 Season

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

Thoughts on that red? 

Commentator got it spot on I think. If the ref gave a yellow it wouldn’t be upgraded, but equally no downgrading of the red. 

It’s one of those where it’s harsh when it’s a player on your team but you’re screaming for it when the challenge is against you. 

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Anyone think Leeds can get a result at Brentford?

Not particularly but who knows what team Brentford will field. 

I was thinking about Burnley's match at home to Newcastle and whether Howe might be inclined to do his old team a favour and play a weakened team. 

Anyone think Leeds can get a result at Brentford?
I'd say so plus Newcastle are a tough opponent for Burnley. It's pretty open and would be fun if it stays that way for most of the day.

I actually never even used the word tasteless, I think he's a weirdo and almost certainly not a good guy. Does my opinion really matter to him? I doubt it. Most of the bad things he's allegedly done are a few years in the past so maybe he's turned a new leaf. I hope so.
I can't really imagine a world where the parents of Sandy Hook victims, or the Dunblane massacare, in lieu of other forms of commeration decide to get an assault rifle tattooed across their chest and nobody thinking this was odd. Sterling only said it was a tribute to his father after there was articles criticising it. Whether it was a tribute or not, it's weird behaviour. I think so, you may not, it really doesn't matter either way to be honest.
If one of my family members wanted to get an assault rifle tattoed on their leg I'd probably discourage it. Trivia: the police won't allow you to join if you have a gun tattoo, taking away one of Sterlings post football career options.
Very much off topic though, squeaky bum time for me in fantasy football tonight, hoping to go into the final league game with some sort of lead in my ML and need Aston Villa defence to deliver. Been an underwhelming free hit so far.

I am sure a guy who has accumulated probably about £30m-40m will be regretting his choices since he now can’t take a job with the police with a starting salary of about £35k

Filthy pass from SJM for Buendia to score and just as a wee aside, if you ever want to know more about why folk can't be fucked with commentators and their TAA or Foden love ins in particular, play was underway again after the goal before the assist got a mention.
Just saw it there. We all know he's quite distinctive in a few ways but his range of passing (and sometimes shooting) while standing still is really useful and doesn't get spoken about quite as much as his other stuff. It probably explains why his set-pieces are so good too.

The final games involving Leeds and Burnley… all set for a 92nd minute ‘Aguerooooo!’ moment in one of them, isn’t it. A stick-on late, late twist.

Edited by pozbaird

10 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Port Vale fans at it as well in their play off win. Getting a bit too much now imvho.

It’s just a joke now. Half the c***s had their phones out filming it - all about appearances.

Absolutely no surprise that a video appears showing the 'victim' acting like a total dick. 

Zero sympathy for people that act the c**t because they've got someone on camera and they're trying to take the piss out of them, then end up getting lamped. You would've thought the guy that did this to Mike Tyson and ended up getting leathered mightier acted as a warning, bit clearly not. 

It seems to me that the whole thing with flares and smoke, never mind pitch invasions, has quickly escalated and got out of hand. I might be wrong, but the first time I really noticed the scale of it over here was that time the Liverpool fans tried to create a ‘welcome to hell’ type atmosphere outside Anfield ahead of a big Champions League game. I think we’re a baw-hair away now from someone throwing a lit flare at a player taking a corner and maybe genuinely injuring them. It’ll come to a head at some ground next season, where a kid, or a player, gets seriously injured.