English Premier League 2021/22 Season

2 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

A one goal Liverpool win was about the right result given the quality of the two teams put out there.  Goal difference won't matter unless City get completely horsed on Sunday, which will never happen, so Liverpool just needed to get the 3 points

City's superior difference is due to them beating Newcastle 5-0 and Wolves 5-1 in their last two games. They have defensive injury problems too. If they lose to Villa and Liverpool draw against Wolves, goal difference will decide the title.

Controversial refereeing decisions have had a big impact on big games this seasons. No scenario, even if it's unlikely, should be dismissed. It's disappointing that Klopp did not gon for a big win tonight to put City under pressure. Instead, we got that turgid stuff.

16 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

At some point Hasenhutl will have exhausted all the credit he had for the end of the 2019-20 season.  Southampton have been Mediocre Mince for a whole now.  Good enough to stay up, but that's about it

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Hassenhuttl is the first PL manager emptied next season. 

I mean City are winning on Sunday so why go all guns blazing and risk an injury ahead of the CL Final.

Surprised nobody mentioned Grealish's comments after Sunday, saying that he's never won a title and doing it in front of their fans will be amazing etc. Not "the chance to win one in front of our fans". Whereas Pep was saying all the right stuff about a hard game and needing the fans to come out etc. City by 2 or 3 anyway.

56 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I mean City are winning on Sunday so why go all guns blazing and risk an injury ahead of the CL Final.

Surprised nobody mentioned Grealish's comments after Sunday, saying that he's never won a title and doing it in front of their fans will be amazing etc. Not "the chance to win one in front of our fans". Whereas Pep was saying all the right stuff about a hard game and needing the fans to come out etc. City by 2 or 3 anyway.

Yeah, can't see us avoiding defeat. We always seem to give Liverpool a run for their money, but struggle against Man City.

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Sterling is joining Barcelona next season.
Has there been a more underappreciated player in England?

The Barclays is hoaching with racism.

Not sure about the racism, but he was absolutely the player of the tournament at the last Euros. Lovely player.

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Sterling is joining Barcelona next season.
Has there been a more underappreciated player in England?

The Barclays is hoaching with racism.

The English media is definitely hoaching with racism as can be evidenced by all the garbage articles that have been written about Sterling over the years.  I am pretty sure that everyone associated with the Premier League appreciates hos good Sterling has been over these years, we just end up with all sorts of crap being written about him because totally not racism

On 02/05/2022 at 00:07, craigkillie said:

Sterling is clearly a good player, but it very much depends who you compare him to. He wasn't ever a star player for Man City and currently struggles to assert himself as anything more than a rotation option (which City do a lot of tbf, but KDB, Cancelo and Dias manage to avoid).

Guardiola was baffled at his habit of only ever controlling the ball on the outside of his foot, which he immediately tried to coach out of him.

He's a good player who can play at top clubs, but not a top player. I'd be surprised if he goes to Barcelona, or any club in La Liga, given it's a very technical league and that's the weakest part of his game (the strongest being his excellent movement and anticipation).

As for the articles criticising him, he's been in court twice on seperate domestic abuse charges (saved by witnesses mysteriously not turning up or withdrawing testimony) and got a tattoo of an assault rifle on his leg to commemorate his dad being shot.

So he's almost certainly not a particularly good guy.

Is there a racism tinge to his reporting? Absolutely, he's an immigrant and it's the English tabloid press...

Edit: on the phone it wouldn't allow me to remove the blank quote, apologies.

Edited by Satoshi

5 hours ago, Satoshi said:

and got a tattoo of an assault rifle on his leg to commemorate his dad being shot.

So he's almost certainly not a particularly good guy.

I'm failing to see how one leads you to that opinion. 

56 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm failing to see how one leads you to that opinion. 

Moreso the double domestic abuse allegations that were both serious enough to come to court, and both had witnesses withdrawing testimony.

And the tattoo is just straight up weird behaviour, I think it's far more likely he just thought it was a cool image and linking it back to his dad's death was an excuse.

If it's a genuine tribute it's much worse, at least for me. 

But if both seem fine and normal to you then fair enough.

20 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

But if both seem fine and normal to you then fair enough.

I never said both are fine, I asked how a grown adult getting a tattoo in tribute to his father makes him a tasteless individual. You've started questioning if it is the true reasoning behind it and casting aspersions based on it being a gun. 

You're now flailing and trying to claim I've said domestic abuse is normal. 

Think you need to take a wee step back and consider hitting 'send' before you post shite like that. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I never said both are fine, I asked how a grown adult getting a tattoo in tribute to his father makes him a tasteless individual. You've started questioning if it is the true reasoning behind it and casting aspersions based on it being a gun. 

You're now flailing and trying to claim I've said domestic abuse is normal. 

Think you need to take a wee step back and consider hitting 'send' before you post shite like that. 

I actually never even used the word tasteless, I think he's a weirdo and almost certainly not a good guy. Does my opinion really matter to him? I doubt it. Most of the bad things he's allegedly done are a few years in the past so maybe he's turned a new leaf. I hope so.

I can't really imagine a world where the parents of Sandy Hook victims, or the Dunblane massacare, in lieu of other forms of commeration decide to get an assault rifle tattooed across their chest and nobody thinking this was odd. Sterling only said it was a tribute to his father after there was articles criticising it. Whether it was a tribute or not, it's weird behaviour. I think so, you may not, it really doesn't matter either way to be honest.

If one of my family members wanted to get an assault rifle tattoed on their leg I'd probably discourage it. Trivia: the police won't allow you to join if you have a gun tattoo, taking away one of Sterlings post football career options.

Very much off topic though, squeaky bum time for me in fantasy football tonight, hoping to go into the final league game with some sort of lead in my ML and need Aston Villa defence to deliver. Been an underwhelming free hit so far.

Edited by Satoshi