English Premier League 2021/22 Season

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
7 hours ago, jagfox said:
Ben White having an absolute shocker.

When Wilson, who hasn't played this year, rinsed him amd got him booked within 8 minutes, you could imagine how it was going to go

Saliba won the Ligue 1 young player of the year and has surely got a good shout of replacing White in the starting 11.

Whites not terrible, but maybe more suited to the Rob Holding cover spot than a regular starter.

Arsenal have totally capitulated since Tierney got injured, hard to overstate his importance both defensively and offensively for them. Doesn't help that his replacements are Cedric and Tavares of course.

Edited by Satoshi

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

'The special one' incoming to splash to Toon cash apparently?

Saw that Marca nonsense in the BBC Gossip column this morning. There's no way that Newcastle will bin Eddie Howe after his great run of results. They certainly would not replace him a huge and expensive ego who failed in his last EPL jobs.  Mendes must be feeding Marca the usual BS to get Jose a big pay rise from Roma.

14 hours ago, jagfox said:

I have a horrible feeling Newcastle will make a serious tilt at a Champions League place next season. 

Looks like Newcastle are looking to bring in Mourinho and bin off Howe. I moved to Newcastle last year and have been just about all the home games this season and it would be a serious gaffe to get rid of Howe. His recruitment bar the 25m spent on Chris Wood has been spot on and he has got Shelvey, Schar, Fraser and Joelinton back into form. 

Would be very harsh if they got rid of him for Mourinho and could end up doing more harm than good.

Proven manager, used to building teams with others cash. Whether liked or not he was the last guy to win man u trophies, got spurs to a cup final, roma in a European final.

Better record than howe tbh

Looks like Newcastle are looking to bring in Mourinho and bin off Howe. I moved to Newcastle last year and have been just about all the home games this season and it would be a serious gaffe to get rid of Howe. His recruitment bar the 25m spent on Chris Wood has been spot on and he has got Shelvey, Schar, Fraser and Joelinton back into form. 

Would be very harsh if they got rid of him for Mourinho and could end up doing more harm than good.
Tbf the Saudi government have got rid of people for less.

52 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Proven manager, used to building teams with others cash. Whether liked or not he was the last guy to win man u trophies, got spurs to a cup final, roma in a European final.

Better record than howe tbh

But how much money did Mourinho spend on transfers at Man United, Spurs and Roma? Chelsea sacked Jose after 9 losses in 15 league matches. United sacked him after 7 wins in 17 matches. He got Spurs to the League Cup final just before he was sacked His termination pay-outs topped £70 million!

It's tough for a club in a relegation battle to attract top quality players. Howe had to cope with Tripper's absence for a few months. IIRC, since Howe was appointed, Newcastle have had the 3rd best record in the league. I was very sceptical about his appointment but he has proved me wrong.

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

But how much money did Mourinho spend on transfers at Man United, Spurs and Roma? Chelsea sacked Jose after 9 losses in 15 league matches. United sacked him after 7 wins in 17 matches. He got Spurs to the League Cup final just before he was sacked His termination pay-outs topped £70 million!

It's tough for a club in a relegation battle to attract top quality players. Howe had to cope with Tripper's absence for a few months. IIRC, since Howe was appointed, Newcastle have had the 3rd best record in the league. I was very sceptical about his appointment but he has proved me wrong.

Despite the fact Howe spent a fortune in January, he got ripped to bits for some of the signings (Wood and Burn mainly), with Guimares barely featuring for the first few games too, and had to bide his time for his chance. 

Looking forward to seeing what next season holds but absolutely gutted I didn't buy a season ticket at the start of the year, ended up at 90% of the home games anyway and have probably spent over a season ticket on buying games tickets.

5 hours ago, KD1711 said:

Newcastle are becoming extremely unlikeable. 

33 minutes ago, Girth said:

Newcastle are becoming extremely unlikeable. 

Surely, you don't believe the Mourinho nonsense in comics like Marca or the Express. 

Marca publishes a lot of made-up fiction and agents' (especially Mendes and Raiola) propaganda. 

Is Klopp trying to give City the title tonight?

Southampton must be delighted to see this line-up, especially the midfield.

1 Alisson

12 Gomez

32 Matip

5 Konaté

21 Tsimikas

17 Jones

7 Milner

67 Elliott

18 Minamino

9 Firmino

20 Jota

Substitutes

6 Thiago Alcántara

8 Keïta

14 Henderson

15 Oxlade-Chamberlain

23 Díaz

26 Robertson

27 Origi

46 R Williams

62 Kelleher

2 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Is Klopp trying to give City the title tonight?

Southampton must be delighted to see this line-up, especially the midfield.

1 Alisson

12 Gomez

32 Matip

5 Konaté

21 Tsimikas

17 Jones

7 Milner

67 Elliott

18 Minamino

9 Firmino

20 Jota

Substitutes

6 Thiago Alcántara

8 Keïta

14 Henderson

15 Oxlade-Chamberlain

23 Díaz

26 Robertson

27 Origi

46 R Williams

62 Kelleher

I think Klopp is gambling on Southampton to continue to be as shit as they have been the last couple of months.