English Premier League 2021/22 Season

6 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I have a horrible feeling Newcastle will make a serious tilt at a Champions League place next season. 

If Howe takes confidence in the run they’ve been on to finish where they are and doesn’t buy anyone else they won’t be.

If they do what we are expecting and completely overhaul the squad then they will be up there.

Granit Xhaka still manages to get a pointless booking deep into injury time. They have done pretty well this season but manage to regress to Peak Arsenal when it comes to the games that matter.

25 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

If Howe takes confidence in the run they’ve been on to finish where they are and doesn’t buy anyone else they won’t be.

If they do what we are expecting and completely overhaul the squad then they will be up there.

I think if they find a middle ground between your points they could be on track. Bruno has been a great signing and Targett is a serviceable fullback at this level. I don't pay them enough attention to know all the positions they would be looking to strengthen but goalkeeper is up there. Maybe a fullback, centre back and another central midfielder and maybe a Hollywood signing up front.

Would Arsenal fans not have taken a fifth place finish before the season started? I feel they have done okay this season. Certainly compared with last season's bin fire?

Obviously disappointing for their fans to have shat the bed but at least they got into the position to bottle it.