English Premier League 2021/22 Season

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I cannot think of anything worse than listening to Graham Hunter. I had to bin his interview podcast because it seemed to have more of him talking than it did of his guests, and I cannot last more than about 30 seconds of a La Liga game if he's involved. The biggest egotist in the business.

Wrong thread? 🤣

Not wrong though regarding the interviews.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Their wage bill is substantial (but still nowhere near City's), but their net spend will be extremely small compared to most other big teams in England. They've been extremely good in the transfer market since Rodgers was in charge.

Summed up pretty well by Luis Diaz costing a third of what City paid for Grealish.

Big Newcastle clear out to begin, not unexpected but expect cut price players to clear the decks, wouldn't even be shocked if guys like Wood might be gone now too. The cheque books will be open now and other clubs will salivate at how much they can inflate their mid-level dross...........

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Big Newcastle clear out to begin, not unexpected but expect cut price players to clear the decks, wouldn't even be shocked if guys like Wood might be gone now too. The cheque books will be open now and other clubs will salivate at how much they can inflate their mid-level dross...........

That's the ruthless side of football, I wonder if any of their players who were central to helping Newcastle stay up will be sold - that'd be a tough conversation. I will be interested to see how many of the squad Eddie Howe inherited are still at the club at the end of summer 2023, no doubt it won't be many.

Haaland to City is gathering pace.  Maybe the'll be able to win the Gazprom now, given they'll actually have a striker on the books.

Haaland to City is gathering pace.  Maybe the'll be able to win the Gazprom now, given they'll actually have a striker on the books.
Looks pretty much done. Dortmund have signed Karim Adeyemi from Salzburg as a replacement.

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:
9 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Looks pretty much done. Dortmund have signed Karim Adeyemi from Salzburg as a replacement.

£51.2 million according to the BBC.  That’s a shit exchange rate, I’m getting close to €1.20 to the pound.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

£51.2 million according to the BBC.  That’s a shit exchange rate, I’m getting close to €1.20 to the pound.

Where are you getting that? The tourist shops in the Canary Islands?

The BBC says that the current market rate is around €1.17 for £1.

6 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Where are you getting that? The tourist shops in the Canary Islands?

The BBC says that the current market rate is around €1.17 for £1.

RBS debit card from Banca March ATM.  No additional charges.  Santander credit card converting at over €1.19 too.

(Apologies: off topic)

21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

RBS debit card from Banca March ATM.  No additional charges.  Santander credit card converting at over €1.19 too.

(Apologies: off topic)

Many thanks for that as I bank with RBS and Santander. 

No apologies needed IMO.