English Premier League 2021/22 Season

Grealish looked like he properly clicked with the Man City system for the first time in the second half today. His decision making and keeping the pace of play up were markedly better than previous. Earlier in the season he ignores the pass to Sterling and smashes is straight at the keeper.

5 hours ago, Ex Machina said:

Toney is under contract until 2025. He's done well but I'm not sure he's done enough to merit a club paying a massive fee that Brentford would want for him. Keeping Eriksen will be a bigger ask but I think he could be tempted by a one year deal.

Hope you're right, I'm a huge fan of Toney though and think Arsenal or Man U would be great destinations for him. May have flown under the radar just enough though. 

9 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Have you… ever seen him interviewed after a defeat? He’s a complete walloper who takes everything out on the interviewer and the opposition for not just rolling over.

You've fallen hook, line and sinker for the media narrative that he’s such a happy chappy.

Yeah, was exactly the same with the media obsession with Mourinho. Always presenting him as a hilarious character and ignoring the fact that he was a classless arsehole after every defeat. Luckily the defeats have been much more common in recent years so nobody is taken in any more.

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:
5 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:
Sterling was excellent today.
Howe won’t last at Newcastle, especially if he focuses on Brexit ball signings. 

I'm guessing that made sense in your head.

I mean Chris Woods & Dan Burn are proper Brexit ball signings. On the other hand Guimaraes is a quality signing and Trippier is decent. Got to take the ying with the Yang.

Sterling was excellent today.
Howe won’t last at Newcastle, especially if he focuses on Brexit ball signings. 

Ignoring the fact they were playing one of the best teams in the league, the signings newcastle made in January were exactly the type of signings they needed to make as evidenced by the fact of them moving up the table. As mentioned in other comments, they will be looking at completely different signings going forward

I reckon Newcastle will finish in the top 7 next season.  Conference League at worst IMO.  Unless Howe or whoever comes in makes a rip-roaring cunt of their summer business.

Who is the blonde woman who hosts the Sky Sports coverage of the EPL? I've tried googling her but I can't find her name, which is irritating.

Anyway, she's brilliant and keeps trying to raise the standard of conversation by asking deeper questions of the pundits, but they are woefully lacking in any type of insight beyond regurgitating pish about passion and how underwhelming Ragnick is. Souness has a fantastic job. Just show up saying the same rubbish week in week out and pick up a handsome cheque. Dublin is likeable, but has about as much right to commentate on top level football as Robbie fucking Savage, and it shows.

The pundits are like those action figures or dolls that you push a button and they say the same stock phrases. Ask them anything requiring actual current knowledge and they just stick to their basic programming.

The punditry seems to be mostly about big emotional expression and raised voices rather than anything approaching analysis and insight. Sound and fury etc.

I'd honestly love it if they got someone like Jonathan Wilson in the studio. The presenter would be absolutely loving it, but you'd get the ex-pros sniggering at the brainy kid and being utterly lost. Actually, a studio with Wilson, Sid Lowe and Graham Hunter (I know some aren't fond of him, but I like him) would be absolute manna for those of us who wouldn't mind gaining some new insights and being treated as if we have triple figure IQ's.

E.T.A. Kelly Cates is said quine. 

Edited by velo army

2 hours ago, velo army said:

Who is the blonde woman who hosts the Sky Sports coverage of the EPL? I've tried googling her but I can't find her name, which is irritating.

Anyway, she's brilliant and keeps trying to raise the standard of conversation by asking deeper questions of the pundits, but they are woefully lacking in any type of insight beyond regurgitating pish about passion and how underwhelming Ragnick is. Souness has a fantastic job. Just show up saying the same rubbish week in week out and pick up a handsome cheque. Dublin is likeable, but has about as much right to commentate on top level football as Robbie fucking Savage, and it shows.

The pundits are like those action figures or dolls that you push a button and they say the same stock phrases. Ask them anything requiring actual current knowledge and they just stick to their basic programming.

The punditry seems to be mostly about big emotional expression and raised voices rather than anything approaching analysis and insight. Sound and fury etc.

I'd honestly love it if they got someone like Jonathan Wilson in the studio. The presenter would be absolutely loving it, but you'd get the ex-pros sniggering at the brainy kid and being utterly lost. Actually, a studio with Wilson, Sid Lowe and Graham Hunter (I know some aren't fond of him, but I like him) would be absolute manna for those of us who wouldn't mind gaining some new insights and being treated as if we have triple figure IQ's.

E.T.A. Kelly Cates is said quine. 

Kenny Dalglish's daughter.

On 08/05/2022 at 10:49, jamamafegan said:

Is this a serious post? Klopp is easily one of the most likeable managers in English top flight football.

I find it quite bizarre how much other posters are in the Lolverpool camp. This Liverpool team are far more likeable than City, they haven’t splurged as much as City, they have a Scot playing for them and a Liverpool title would mean they go level with Man United on all time title wins. In other words - there are more reasons for wanting Liverpool to win than lose just now.

Liverpool's squad was built on a budget, wasn't it? 😂

9 minutes ago, Crow said:

Barrow AFC 1-3 Northampton @ Holker Street 🌱.

Got another one ticked off from the 92 on Saturday afternoon. 

Dramatic final day in League 2 with the visitors 3-0 up after half an hour and set for promotion. However Bristol Rovers won 7-0 at home to Scunthorpe and edged them out on goal difference. Scenes 💥. Crowd 4603.

5A67ED3B-3E1C-4D2E-96CC-C01F77B7852F.jpeg

B8760767-FB54-4741-957D-BF347F2B3BD1.jpeg

610376D2-03B6-461C-B7E7-551A6F34728B.jpeg

Wrong thread?

24 minutes ago, Crow said:

Barrow AFC 1-3 Northampton @ Holker Street 🌱.

Got another one ticked off from the 92 on Saturday afternoon. 

Dramatic final day in League 2 with the visitors 3-0 up after half an hour and set for promotion. However Bristol Rovers won 7-0 at home to Scunthorpe and edged them out on goal difference. Scenes 💥. Crowd 4603.

5A67ED3B-3E1C-4D2E-96CC-C01F77B7852F.jpeg

B8760767-FB54-4741-957D-BF347F2B3BD1.jpeg

610376D2-03B6-461C-B7E7-551A6F34728B.jpeg

Very nice, but I think you're in the wrong thread.

I cannot think of anything worse than listening to Graham Hunter. I had to bin his interview podcast because it seemed to have more of him talking than it did of his guests, and I cannot last more than about 30 seconds of a La Liga game if he's involved. The biggest egotist in the business.

Liverpool's squad was built on a budget, wasn't it? [emoji23]

Their wage bill is substantial (but still nowhere near City's), but their net spend will be extremely small compared to most other big teams in England. They've been extremely good in the transfer market since Rodgers was in charge.

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Their wage bill is substantial (but still nowhere near City's), but their net spend will be extremely small compared to most other big teams in England. They've been extremely good in the transfer market since Rodgers was in charge.

They've still paid a lot of money Craig. I'm sure I read somewhere that a lot of City's big buys don't leave so they never recoup the fees.