English Premier League 2021/22 Season

Gordon's only attribute appears to be that he can run very fast in a straight line. Given that Everton were sat on their own 18 yard line he had about 100 yards of space to run into whenever he got the ball, and then fall over after trying to initiate contact. I'm not really sure that merits the level of praise he seems to be getting.

For years Everton were a club I didn't mind doing well and beating the top teams, but there seems something very unlikeable about them now. It would be great if they got relegated.

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

He felt contact at the first one, and it definitely wasn't a dive

Looked like one of those where if there was any contact at all, it was because he initiated it by leaving his leg in as he flung himself to the ground. Only seen it the once though, that sound about right? Will try and find the incident in the highlights

13 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Gordon's only attribute appears to be that he can run very fast in a straight line. Given that Everton were sat on their own 18 yard line he had about 100 yards of space to run into whenever he got the ball, and then fall over after trying to initiate contact. I'm not really sure that merits the level of praise he seems to be getting.

Run fast and fall over are the most looked for aspects in English attacking play for along time now.

I struggle to see where this Everton team are going to get points.

Chelsea up next whilst Burnley face Watford - it could be an insurmountable gap.

Then they have Leicester and then Watford. At best, they may grab 4 for the next 3 games. Burnley have watford, villa and spurs. Possibly they will get the same amount, might go down to the last game.

26 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Then they have Leicester and then Watford. At best, they may grab 4 for the next 3 games. Burnley have watford, villa and spurs. Possibly they will get the same amount, might go down to the last game.

Last game Everton are at Arsenal while Burnley host on their holidays Newcastle.

Genuine question, have the laws changed regarding off the ball incidents for violent conduct or is it just being reffed more leniently now?

Richarlison kicked out at Henderson and knew exactly what he was doing, and Mane pushed someone in the face. Neither are Tyson Fury power level but if those aren't violent conduct then what is? 

1 hour ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

For years Everton were a club I didn't mind doing well and beating the top teams, but there seems something very unlikeable about them now. It would be great if they got relegated.

If Gordon had more footballing ability, he would have had at least one goal.  He was easily able to beat Alexander-Arnold but his lack of end product meant that he could not capitalize.  Everton had the right idea by pinging balls over Alexander-Arnold's head but could not capitalize due to poor touches by Gordon

Apart from points in the bag, the next best thing that Burnley have is the experience of being in similar situations before. Very few of the Everton team have been involved in these sort of games, and neither has Lampard. I just can't see Everton turning this around.