English Premier League 2021/22 Season

2 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Saka absolutely stitched Azpilicueta up there. Usually hate to see such blatant skullduggery but then it's Azpilicueta. 

Glad it isn't just me that saw that, seeing as the commentary team ignored it. 

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I’m confused how VAR can watch that and not decide it’s two players wrestling, very difficult to say Azpilicueta did anything more than Saka.  Surely policy over penalties needs to be if in doubt don’t give it?

VAR in that case is about overturning the decision if there has been a clear and obvious error. As there was not much on that front the decision stood.

9 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Obvious error being the missed fouling by saka.

That's what I thought watching it back... Saka clearly holding Azpilicueta arm for a reasonable period of time, and then Azpilicueta getting free by giving him a bit of a shove. 

Different if Azpilicueta had his free arm round him wrestling, but I didn't think that was the case.

Thiago used to take the utter cunt out of teams for Bayern too, but that didn't count as it wasn't in The Barclays.  I just found out his dad is Mazinho.  A World Cup 94 legend imo.

Edited by TheScarf

12 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Kinda out the loop here but the empty seats reminded me Chelsea are under sanctions, however I thought that meant no away fans, how have away tickets been arranged without any cash going Chelsea’s way?

The terms of their licence were eased slightly and they are now allowed to sell tickets to away fans but the cash goes to the away team and the relevant organisers of the competition.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/mar/23/chelsea-permitted-to-sell-tickets-to-their-fans-for-away-fixtures

11 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

How long are we giving Ten Hag at Man United then? 12-18 months max?

Depends. If he's allowed the shape the structure of the playing side in the way that he wants ... actually yeah, 12 months. 

He'll then move to a continental club which will inevitably draw Man United in the Europa League the following season and properly hump them over both legs. 

How long are we giving Ten Hag at Man United then? 12-18 months max?
Granted, the folk on SSN regularly spout shit, but they were saying earlier on that he has been chosen because of his youth development etc.... And went on to say, Man United are not going to be going into the summer window and spending 100 million pounds.

Now they might just have thrown in a number, but that will be a concern to their fans given that in the #Barclays, spending 100m is what you do to avoid a relegation battle.