English Premier League 2021/22 Season

Just looked at how bad Everton's form is. They've taken 4 points from 30 in their last 10, a draw at Chelsea and a home win over Leeds.

They've got games in hand over the teams around them but you wouldn't back them to beat anyone at the moment.

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I said much the same thing a few days ago. Conte was the third Spurs manager who binned Comical Alli. 

Only an idiotic p***k like  Lampard would gave that useless w****r a two and a half year deal.

I’m no Dele fan but your increasingly aggressive posts about him and his dress sense are rather concerning tbqh.

Just now, parsforlife said:

Yeah, stupidity.

I actually wonder if the ball is certainly going in before the hand, that's the only thing that can stop a red.

I'll retract my red card claim. The main on the line probably still clears the ball without the handball, so yellow is fair enough.

LOL Schmeichel. Always crying about something

Lacazette is the kind of player who fans appreciate when they're winning but the first to blame when they're not. Brings so much to the team (and apparently squad) but his lack of goals will always annoy fans when the team peforms less well.

Lacazette is the kind of player who fans appreciate when they're winning but the first to blame when they're not. Brings so much to the team (and apparently squad) but his lack of goals will always annoy fans when the team peforms less well.

He’s holding Arsenal back from reaching Man City and Liverpool’s level. Lacks athleticism and as the striker he triggers the team press so they can’t sustain pressure anywhere near as much as they will next season when they sign a replacement. Upgrading him and Xhaka plus adding some depth will turn Arsenal into title contenders. Arteta is an elite manager.

Edit: Lacazette is a lot like Firmino but without the physical qualities.

I think that's VAR working well actually, don't think there's any debate if it's handball if there's contact,  just took them a few angles to find the one behind the goal that shows the ball changing direction.   They then need to repeat the process to check if its a red card or not.   Also a very difficult call for the ref and having the support of VAR is what gets the correct decision.

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

If only so we'd get a break from the likes of Norwich, Fulham and West Brom and get some fresh teams in who've not played in the top flight for ages like Luton.

"General Dissaray liked this"

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Schmeichel is wrong on the current ruling,  as its only actually pretending to kick the ball that's banned.  However we should be changing the rules so penalty takes need to take a smooth run up.  

Knowing Schmeichel, even if Lacazette had just scored the most conventional penalty you could imagine he would still find something to complain about. 

10 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Schmeichel must be one of the least likeable people in the prem. Seems like not a great person.

Don't mind him, perhaps his interview above win's him favour in my eyes. But has always seemed fairly likeable? His dad seems a bit of a fud though.

He’s holding Arsenal back from reaching Man City and Liverpool’s level. Lacks athleticism and as the striker he triggers the team press so they can’t sustain pressure anywhere near as much as they will next season when they sign a replacement. Upgrading him and Xhaka plus adding some depth will turn Arsenal into title contenders. Arteta is an elite manager.

Edit: Lacazette is a lot like Firmino but without the physical qualities.
They should definitely upgrade but his intelligence and link-up has really contributed to how well Arsenal have done lately.

27 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Just looked at how bad Everton's form is. They've taken 4 points from 30 in their last 10, a draw at Chelsea and a home win over Leeds.

They've got games in hand over the teams around them but you wouldn't back them to beat anyone at the moment.

The thing that Everton should be nervous about is their lack of fight.  Burnley and Watford may have weaker teams on paper, but they have the fight to grind out results, Everton capitulate way too easily

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

As someone who watches English football purely for entertainment and doesn't support a team I'd have a rule where after a certain number of relegations over a certain period of time you'd be barred from promotion back to the Premier League for say 5 seasons. If only so we'd get a break from the likes of Norwich, Fulham and West Brom and get some fresh teams in who've not played in the top flight for ages like Luton or Nottingham Forest.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

You don’t need such rulings, just cut the insane parachute payments these teams use to come back up.

How about if you accept a parachute payment, you forfeit your chance of promotion the following season. Extend to 3 seasons if you want, seeing as the payment is split over 3 years.