English Premier League 2021/22 Season

15 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Shame but not surprising

Yeah, really is a shame if it happens - I've enjoyed his press conferences and interviews. Ruthless really, but it's all a big game and I'm sure he'll laugh about it later down the line. I'd say he should stay, but I don't support Leeds.

22 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I genuinely don't think they'll sack him. He's more likely to walk.

Again though today it could be 4-3 Spurs. Poor finishing is costing them and when you open up the way they do you know they'll conceed. 

They did! 

Bielsa did not have a Plan B to fight relegation.

40 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

They did! 

Bielsa did not have a Plan B to fight relegation.

Yep, bit shocked actually. 

He didn't have a plan b for anything. Don't see what anyone else will be able to do with this squad of players without Cooper, Phillips and Bamford, the spine of the team.

Just now, sergie's no1 fan said:

Yep, bit shocked actually. 

He didn't have a plan b for anything. Don't see what anyone else will be able to do with this squad of players without Cooper, Phillips and Bamford, the spine of the team.

Strengthen the squad in January, even with loans, to cope with lengthy injuries. 

Meslier concedes too many soft goals, e.g. beaten.at his near post.  He does not command the box nor organise the defence.

Another couple of minutes of magnificence from the fountain of Keys and Gray. I am honestly struggling to decide my favourite moment having watched the clip about five times now, but Gray's incredulity when Keys describes Marsch's CV as "really impressive" might just take it. 

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Another couple of minutes of magnificence from the fountain of Keys and Gray. I am honestly struggling to decide my favourite moment having watched the clip about five times now, but Gray's incredulity when Keys describes Marsch's CV as "really impressive" might just take it. 

"It's not about this result, or the one before, or the one before that. It's the sequence of results"

:unsure2:

On 26/02/2022 at 21:06, DrewDon said:

The lads on Soccer Saturday are getting ripped into Bielsa and rightly so. The London metropolitan elite won't like it, but he needs replaced by a proper manager as soon as possible. 

The idea of Bielsa not being a proper manager 😂

Also didn't realise Keys & Gray were still around, a pair of absolute wankers. Certains gammons too.

Andy Gray gets a bit of credit for going after the Murdochs for phone hacking but that doesn't make up for decades of shit broadcasting.

Watched ‘The Big Match Revisited’ last night with Elton Welsby & Dennis Law. Opening games of the 1981 season, featuring Everton Vs Birmingham City (3-1) and Ipswich Town Vs Sunderland (3-3). Both grounds packed to the rafters with expectant fans at the start of a new campaign.
End to end action, missed chances, dodgy defending, tackles flying in, refs just letting the game go, no diving or feigning injury, no petty off the ball squabbling etc..etc. Rose tinted spectacles perhaps, but great entertainment to look back on how the top tier in England used to be.
A certain 18 year old Scot making his debut for the Wearsiders at Portman Road, following a summer move from St Johnstone, with a cheeky back heel to set up Sunderland’s third. Wonder whatever happened to him?[emoji848]

Watched ‘The Big Match Revisited’ last night with Elton Welsby & Dennis Law. Opening games of the 1981 season, featuring Everton Vs Birmingham City (3-1) and Ipswich Town Vs Sunderland (3-3). Both grounds packed to the rafters with expectant fans at the start of a new campaign.
End to end action, missed chances, dodgy defending, tackles flying in, refs just letting the game go, no diving or feigning injury, no petty off the ball squabbling etc..etc. Rose tinted spectacles perhaps, but great entertainment to look back on how the top tier in England used to be.
A certain 18 year old Scot making his debut for the Wearsiders at Portman Road, following a summer move from St Johnstone, with a cheeky back heel to set up Sunderland’s third. Wonder whatever happened to him?[emoji848]
A brilliant season

4 hours ago, Clockwork said:

A certain 18 year old Scot making his debut for the Wearsiders at Portman Road, following a summer move from St Johnstone, with a cheeky back heel to set up Sunderland’s third. Wonder whatever happened to him?emoji848.png

He became an awful manager and a fat bigoted mess. 

Is Abramovich trying to sell Chelsea? - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60585081

"Roman Abramovich's future as Chelsea owner is in doubt after a Swiss billionaire claimed he has been offered the chance to buy the club."

"Wyss also said: "Abramovich is trying to sell all of his villas in England, he also wants to get rid of Chelsea quickly. 

"I and three other people received an offer on Tuesday to buy Chelsea from Abramovich."

"In total, Abramovich has loaned the club more than £1.5bn which has brought great success. "

Then there are the ongoing huge losses to fund too.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

More on Sky Sports - https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12555379/chelsea-owner-roman-abramovich-selling-uk-properties-as-swiss-billionaire-hansjorg-wyss-claims-he-has-been-offered-the-chance-to-buy-the-club

"I and three other people received an offer on Tuesday to buy Chelsea from Abramovich. I have to wait four to five days now. Abramovich is currently asking far too much.

"You know, Chelsea owe him £2billion. But Chelsea has no money. As of today, we don't know the exact selling price."

5 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

More on Sky Sports - https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12555379/chelsea-owner-roman-abramovich-selling-uk-properties-as-swiss-billionaire-hansjorg-wyss-claims-he-has-been-offered-the-chance-to-buy-the-club

"I and three other people received an offer on Tuesday to buy Chelsea from Abramovich. I have to wait four to five days now. Abramovich is currently asking far too much.

"You know, Chelsea owe him £2billion. But Chelsea has no money. As of today, we don't know the exact selling price."

What they mean is that due to the way Stamford Bridge is owned/operated they can't use it as collateral to pile debt onto the football club. Chelsea can't undergo a leveraged buy out like Man Utd because there are no assets to get loans against.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/12/12/qa-owns-stamford-bridge-does-chelsea-pitch-owners-plc-actually/

So someone is going to actually have to spend their own money instead of a bank's if they want to buy it.

On 27/02/2022 at 14:44, DrewDon said:

Mental these two were the face of Sky Sports therefore the Barclays for so long and probably still would be if they weren’t sexist c***s.