English Premier League 2021/22 Season

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't think he was at the time but it was definitely heading that way going by the recording. I don't want to think what happened after she stopped recording.

I wish I had never listened to it, I get that there are Legal ramifications but that little piece of shit should be getting plastered all over the News Channels. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

There were protests and petitions to stop Ronaldo being signed and I bey you barely anyone on this site even knows that happened.

If you think the English media are going to hang a young English player out to dry then you're grossly mistaken. It'll be the same as Ronaldo in that they'll just swamp any bad press with good press and hope the majority of people simply don't cate.

I am pre emptively assuming a rather large scale social media backlash happening here. I dont think any media publication is going to misjudge the room so badly as to go on a Greenwood charm offensive. This is abhorrent stuff and I genuinely dont think it will be able to be buried.

Again, perhaps I am being overly optimistic that justice gets served this time, but I dont think Greenwood gets off with this. 

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Of course he will have.

There's seemingly a "high profile" Liverpool player who's been at it too, but everyone with knowledge is expected to keep quiet about it.

It's quite clearly rife amongst footballers.

Where have you seen/heard this? 

It needs to be investigated properly and see what happens. It definitely doesn’t look good, but I wouldn’t rush to a clear judgment based on what is currently in the public domain. 

Looks like a likely career ender for Greenwood from what we know right now and possibly a prison sentence. There have been question marks around his character previously. 

Of course he will have.
There's seemingly a "high profile" Liverpool player who's been at it too, but everyone with knowledge is expected to keep quiet about it.
It's quite clearly rife amongst footballers.
This is something I have no doubt is true. Not specifically the Liverpool player as its first iv heard and dont know who you are referring to, but in general that all sorts of horrendous behaviour gets shooshed on a regular basis. The problem for Greenwood is that now the cat is well and truly out of the bag and he is being tried openly in the court of public opinion.

No hints, no superinjunctions, no cloak and dagger stuff like your Liverpool man. Actual pictures and recordings a Google search away and more than likely by now, trending.

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

United issuing statement already.

They will of course now be considering, if we cant save Masins reputation, we had best consider our own.

Some brass neck on them.

Turns out a lot of people have known about it for a long time and kept it covered up.

No idea why anyone has any faith in these people tbh, they'll happily hide anything if the player has talent.

He's finished, and it will be the audio recording that does it. Fair play to the women for having the wearwithal to record (even if, as posted earlier, it makes clear it wasn't the first time).

Sadly, there are lots of active footballers (and other professional athletes) who get away with brutal domestic violence. The pictures could have been brushed under the carpet with a handsome payoff (I believe it's called a 'Raheem Sterling') but the audio sinks him.

Everton and Man City have recently set the standard for what to do in such cases and anything less than this will be a massive public failure on behalf of Man Utd.

Let's not pretend fellow number 11 Giggs only became an abuser after he retired either. Both the club and media will have known and covered it up.

1 minute ago, Satoshi said:

He's finished, and it will be the audio recording that does it. Fair play to the women for having the wearwithal to record (even if, as posted earlier, it makes clear it wasn't the first time).

Sadly, there are lots of active footballers (and other professional athletes) who get away with brutal domestic violence. The pictures could have been brushed under the carpet with a handsome payoff (I believe it's called a 'Raheem Sterling') but the audio sinks him.

Everton and Man City have recently set the standard for what to do in such cases and anything less than this will be a massive public failure on behalf of Man Utd.

Let's not pretend fellow number 11 Giggs only became an abuser after he retired either. Both the club and media will have known and covered it up.

Giggs is currently innocent, with a trial to further establish guilt or innocence pending.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Some brass neck on them.

Turns out a lot of people have known about it for a long time and kept it covered up.

No idea why anyone has any faith in these people tbh, they'll happily hide anything if the player has talent.

Yes, until it cant be hidden anymore then under the bus they go. 

What happened with Sterling?

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Some brass neck on them.

I remember that coming out at the time and everyone assumed it was shite because it didn't go further.

Shows why she did it.

8 minutes ago, Lester Freamon said:

6-18 months out the game, then signs for someone like Stoke or Sunderland.

Loads of awareness courses to see this season out, large donations to appropriate charities, loan abroad for a season or two then back to resume playing at United a changed and humbled 22 year old, not the foolish 19/20 year old of the bad days.