English Premier League 2021/22 Season

On 15/01/2022 at 22:04, jamamafegan said:

I’d give the job to big Dunc. The big scary b*****d has the potential to be a good manager for Everton. Did decent in his interim spell back in 2019. A win against Chelsea and draws against Man United, Leicester and Arsenal.

Whilst I agree, I found myself agreeing with Jim White and Tony Bellew on Talksport this morning in that being given the Everton managers job on a permanent basis is as good as a poisoned chalice for Big Dunc. Such is the regard that he’s held in at Everton, he’s essentially got a job for life in some fashion at Goodison. In that respect you can understand some Everton-minded folk NOT wanting Dunc to get the job in case it goes disastrously and they’re left with no option but to sack him.

Tuchel saying they are mentally and physically tired. No doubt the next thing will be to moan about having a Winter break.

So they can jet off around the world playing meaningless friendlies and raising more cash.

Course, they could just get rid of the boring group stages in the Champion's League and go back to a knockout competition.

1 minute ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Tuchel saying they are mentally and physically tired. No doubt the next thing will be to moan about having a Winter break.

So they can jet off around the world playing meaningless friendlies and raising more cash.

Course, they could just get rid of the boring group stages in the Champion's League and go back to a knockout competition.

Him and Klopp are the two moaniest fuckers in the league. 

Brighton are good. Some of their composure playing out and ability to find space is terrific, not to mention looking well-drilled off the ball.

Poor decision making and quality in and around the box lets them down, but they're a really good side with exciting players, an incredibly promising manager and the greatest assistant manager in the world.

6 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/01/17/premier-league-sticking-winter-break-plans-burnley-vs-watford/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10376701/The-FA-BLOCK-attempts-play-postponed-Premier-League-games-winter-break.html

The FA will block any attempts to reschedule postponed Premier League games during this month’s winter break.

The governing body were forced to scrap the break last year due to the compressed fixture list but fought hard for it to be re-introduced this season. As a result, there are no top-flight matches scheduled to take place between January 23 and February 7.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/when-is-the-premier-league-winter-break-in-2021-22/blt413593591ed13e3d

When does the 2021-22 Premier League winter break take place?

The 2021-22 Premier League winter break will take place between January 23–February 7, 2022.

There was no Premier League winter break in 2020-21

8 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Perhaps if they didn’t put 100 players out on loan every year they’d have more mentally and physically fit players in their squad to give the poor tired multi-millionaires doing all the work a break from their arduous jobs.

Edited by 8MileBU

22 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Thinking back to the day it happened, I genuinely thought id just watched him die, then the ghoulish tv c***s zooming in on a newly made widow.

That was truly fucking mental that day.

I can laugh now but the Euros were the first time my son decided to sit and watch full games of football that were on the telly.

He's also going through a stage where he's very anxious about people dying etc.

That was a fun moment.

Watching that Chelsea game and two of my takeaways were.

1. That Chelsea away top was lovely, and would make a smashing Alloa top. Actually if the pinhoops were just a wee bit thicker, and red, I would love that as a Jags top.

2. Hakim Ziyech "celebrating" his goal the same way I celebrate getting the wrong food delivered to my house. It's a PTTGOMN when footballers just saunter away from scoring a goal without cracking a smile. Arsehole.