English Premier League 2021/22 Season

2 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

And the VAR obviosuly felt it met that threshold.

Why is that so hard for you to comprehend, even if you disagree with it?

It isn't hard for me to comprehend. I think VAR made the wrong call and should not have interfered. And that there is a track record of VAR overstepping their bounds and this is another example.

You seem to be thinking i am saying what VAR did was ILLEGAL. I'm just saying I think they made the wrong call according to the standards they set themselves. And it has been a constant theme of VAR. If they want to review every decision to the nth degree, go for it, but don't say it is only for clear and obvious errors and then interfere in close decisions.

Just now, Jambomo said:

To be fair m, given they are still arguing about it on BT, maybe it isn’t that clear cut. 

McManaman and Keown are fucking morons though.

Theyve just spent 5 mins arguing about how the ref always changes his mind when asked to view the replay. Despite the threshold of sending the ref to watch the replay is that it is, in the opinion of the VAR, a clear and obvious error, so naturally its going to change the decision in majority of cases.

Keown is an absolute clown, not that this is news.

As is McManaman

Their “we want VAR but only if it completely backs up our point of view and shouldn’t get involved otherwise” chat is absolute facepalm stuff. A pair of complete idiots.

Agree with Darren Fletcher btw. Get VAR in the bin full stop. Pray it never comes up here.

Just now, Lofarl said:

Top top shithousing.

I don't know if it was made better or worse by the fact he initially got his jersey stuck as he tried to take it off. It looked stupid initially, but the delay allowed him to remove it right in front of the fans to GIRUT.

On balance, I'm going to go "better"

Would need to look at the winner again , but I think Ramsdale will be disappointed in his positioning, there’s only one place Rodri can put it and he’s not there. 

TBH I’m just shocked that arsenal fans can actually show passion,  not something we see from them much. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Brightside said:

For what?

Just now, Jacky1990 said:

He got booked.

Why would it be a sending off? 

Love a GIRFUY celebration.

Celebrating in front of the opposition fans and also removing his shirt. The referee can't pick and choose when he's going to be over officious.

I think that's the first time I've enjoyed the New Year early kick-off but it really was great. Two technically excellent sides playing fun football.

Arsenal didn't deserve to lose like that but that's just what you've come to expect from them.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Celebrating in front of the opposition fans and also removing his shirt. The referee can't pick and choose when he's going to be over officious.

Are you an Arsenal fan by any chance? You're allowed to celebrate in front of the opposition fans so long as you don't shush them and things like that. Anyone wanting a played sent off for that is OFTW.

17 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Their “we want VAR but only if it completely backs up our point of view and shouldn’t get involved otherwise” chat is absolute facepalm stuff. A pair of complete idiots.

Agree with Darren Fletcher btw. Get VAR in the bin full stop. Pray it never comes up here.

I’d it not scheduled to be voted on my Scottish clubs?