English Premier League 2021/22 Season

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

It is stupid from Xhaka, but contact does not make it a penalty. He decides to launch himself over, the split second pull of his shirt has no effect. 

You do realise he's also taken his knee away from him - causing him to be unable to plant his foot and fall over - as well as pulling his shirt at the same time? 

I've yet to see a more blatant penalty this year tbh. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

It is stupid from Xhaka, but contact does not make it a penalty. He decides to launch himself over, the split second pull of his shirt has no effect. 

Pulling the shirt is a foul though. It wasnt like it was a shoulder to shoulder or a slight nudge. He pulled his shirt, so its a foul.

I agree its soft and Silva probably doesnt get anything if he doesnt dive. But its a clear foul imo.

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

You do realise he's also taken his knee away from him - causing him to be unable to plant his foot and fall over - as well as pulling his shirt at the same time? 

I've yet to see a more blatant penalty this year tbh. 

It was so blatant that the ref didn't give and multiple people here don't think it was a pen. I think you are being a little hyperbolic.

If the ref had given it fine. But he didn't. VAR should not have interfered with the game.

2 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Pulling the shirt is a foul though. It wasnt like it was a shoulder to shoulder or a slight nudge. He pulled his shirt, so its a foul.

I agree its soft and Silva probably doesnt get anything if he doesnt dive. But its a clear foul imo.

I think it’s one of them where we possibly need to go back to the wording of the rules.

Is any form of pull a foul, if it has no effect on the opponent? 

Anyway, hopefully it makes the ending to this game tasty!

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

If the ref had given it fine. But he didn't. VAR should not have interfered with the game.

But the VAR obviously thought it was a clear penalty. And the onfield ref clearly agreed when he saw the replay.

Agree or disagree about the decision itself, but VAR worked perfectly there.

It was so blatant that the ref didn't give and multiple people here don't think it was a pen. I think you are being a little hyperbolic.

Yes, because of course referees have never made incorrect decisions or missed things in the past.

He trips him with his left leg and pulls his shirt. It’s an absolutely blatant penalty.