English Premier League 2021/22 Season

Yep. If the players have a problem about it they should speak to their manager.
With all the millions the Premier League clubs have there’s absolutely no excuse for not having decent backup options available.
They almost all do tbf. Not using them is a choice. If players have a problem it maybe ought to be with the management of their clubs prioritising points over safety.

15 hours ago, mizfit said:

Don’t the clubs and the PL have a say in the fixtures? They could vote for a winter break if they really wanted to.

They could also vote for a 16 or 18 team league but greed comes first......more games means more money (exactly why the Champs Leagues is another bloated competition with too many fixtures)

Just seen Jack Grealish giving himself a wee pass for being hopeless, and saying he has heard some folk take a year to settle in at City....

This is why he will never be key to that City team and why he is never, ever worth that sort of money. His attitude is nowhere near it.

Imagine paying 100 million for a bang average player whose main attribute is diving.  
The little floppy haired b*****d should be in the jail for motoring offences but that's the criminal justice system for you.
It really is a league full of c***s.  No surprise really when you have clubs owned by dictators whose hobby is genocide and slavery.
f**k the Barclays and the disgusting billionaire plaything it has become.
^^^sitting on the fence

1 minute ago, Tynie Heep said:

Imagine paying 100 million for a bang average player whose main attribute is diving.  

The little floppy haired b*****d should be in the jail for motoring offences but that's the criminal justice system for you.

It really is a league full of c***s.  No surprise really when you have clubs owned by dictators whose hobby is genocide and slavery.

f**k the Barclays and the disgusting billionaire plaything it has become.

^^^Got a car Hoover for Christmas.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

And then Zaha being a dick just to kill the game off completely.

It was a bit silly, but I don’t actually think it should’ve been a booking. He didn’t touch the Spurs player in the face. Ref should have given him his final warning 

It was a bit silly, but I don’t actually think it should’ve been a booking. He didn’t touch the Spurs player in the face. Ref should have given him his final warning 
Its really just not something you should be doing tbh. I kind of get what you are saying re whether it should be a booking, but you shouldnt be doing that anytime, and if you are on a yellow then it can only be called rank stupidity from him.

If you are booked, you cannot be indulging in off the ball type shite, and that was agressive, and had absolutely.nothing to do with winning the ball.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Its really just not something you should be doing tbh. I kind of get what you are saying re whether it should be a booking, but you shouldnt be doing that anytime, and if you are on a yellow then it can only be called rank stupidity from him.

If you are booked, you cannot be indulging in off the ball type shite, and that was agressive, and had absolutely.nothing to do with winning the ball.

Agree with what you’re saying. Zaha has a habit of going a bit radge when things aren’t going his way. I said to my Dad that he’d get sent off after the initial booking 

4 minutes ago, ClathyDave said:

Agree with what you’re saying. Zaha has a habit of going a bit radge when things aren’t going his way. I said to my Dad that he’d get sent off after the initial booking 

Poor from someone who really ought to be taking some responsibility in that Palace team. 

As far as I can see the reason for a strike would be a fixture list that leaves players little time for recovery and increases chance of injury. 
In any other line of work it would be considered reasonable to refuse to work in conditions that increased risk of injury. How much you earn shouldn't have any bearing on this.

While I agree with you that footballers have a right to strike as much as any other employee does if they think their conditions are unfair, they are in a fairly unique position in that their income is directly linked to how many games there are.

If 10 games were cut out of the calendar, say by removing a cup, shortening the league season or cutting back the Champions League, clubs would have much less money and players would earn less. Of course, its likely those worst hit would be the ones furthest down the food chain.

So in this very specific case, how much they earn is important. It's the highest paid employees in the industry trying to push (rightly or wrongly) for changes which would disproportionately impact the lower paid employees.