English Premier League 2021/22 Season

Absolutely shameful we never got a better view of the steward taking that moron on the pitch clean out [emoji38]

(Dunno if everyone else would have seen it. I'm watching on a channel called Spark which seems to have some pretty different angles).

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Absolutely shameful we never got a better view of the steward taking that moron on the pitch clean out emoji38.png

(Dunno if everyone else would have seen it. I'm watching on a channel called Spark which seems to have some pretty different angles).

That might explain what you thought of the penalty.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Incredible. Fred makes the contact an is awarded a penalty.

Eh? The ball never touched his left foot. He's clearly moved his left leg into the Arsenal player.

If the Arsenal player wasn't there there's no chance Fred puts his leg out like that, he keeps running. The Arsenal boy has clattered him but Fred has well and truly bought that and knew what he was doing. Shielding the ball had nothing to do with it.

Not at all. I'm saying that's not what he did at all. He's put his leg out to draw contact from the Arsenal player and that's exactly what's happened.

1190812758_tenor(2).gif.ea255b912670b006cd27dc76a5838032.gif

anti scottish ?  telling the truth is anti scottish on here ? [emoji848]

sit yerself doon and have some irn bru and shortbread, he's a fucking awful player as things stand, he either improves with the new manager or he's Southampton's Scott McTominay come August.

The mask slipped here.

5 minutes ago, Charles Stiles said:

So he was just doing what footballers are told to do these days, most of them happy to do as instructed. 

Yes the games literred with it as authorities made no effort to clear it up

Just makes for a more broken up game,  folk will go down to get game stopped to break up attacks 

3 minutes ago, Binos said:

Yes the games literred with it as authorities made no effort to clear it up

Just makes for a more broken up game,  folk will go down to get game stopped to break up attacks 

It's a game where players are conditioned to cheat from the very start. From basics like claiming a throw in that's obviously not theirs through to now pretending you've had a forearm smash in the face when someone touches their arm. It's always been there. Its just at a new level.

I thought it showed when Newcastle's Clark got sent off v Norwich. His automatic reaction was to cheat by pulling Pukki back to stop him going through clear. No thought of leaving his team with 10 men for 80+ minutes, Pukki might f**k it up or the keeper might save it. Nope. Immediate, conditioned, split second reaction was to cheat. It's just run of the mill football.

I don't think the authorities are too bothered about it despite the occasional burst of faux outrage. Refs in England have been told to 'crack down' on the diving/'going down' this season and they have to a degree but they're still their own worst enemies with their lack of yellows for laughable dives, particularly in the box. Clubs will increasing take advantage of the new head injury protocols to cheat and get games stopped. If the authorities genuinely wanted to deal with the increasing levels of cheating they would. But they don't. It's endemic and 'part of the game'. 

If you know there’s next to no chance you’ll get punished for it then of course players will dive about trying to con the ref.

If you know that you’re less likely to win a foul if you don’t exaggerate the contact then of course players will very rarely stay on their feet when there’s a bit of contact.

The way the game is reffed completely enables it all. It was actually refreshing to see a player, particularly a goalie, not getting rewarded last night because they decided they had to lie on the ground after someone (his own teammate) touched him. But to be honest if it wasn’t for VAR I think the ref would have taken advantage of all the confusion and disallowed the goal.

On 02/12/2021 at 11:13, Charles Stiles said:

Memories of much humour at him supposedly turning down Swansea to stay at Hamilton, getting sacked then ending up as assistant at some diddy Swedish second division club.  As Bob Monkhouse famously said, they're not laughing now.

This a real football what if for me as Swansea ended up appointing Rodger. Where would Brendan Rodgers be just now if Billy Reid took the Swansea job?