English Premier League 2021/22 Season

The delay in making the decision can lead to the assistant making no decision and (wrongly in this case) relying on VAR make the call. That's obviously not the rule, but there are two plausible errors that could explain the outcome rather than one.
I'd probably have a cock-up with VAR rather than an assistant failing to spot such an obvious offside tbh. 

VAR doesn't have a role in that decision - it would only go to VAR if it led to a goal or a penalty.

The assistants are still making a decision on each incident at the time, it's just that if they think it's offside they are asked to keep their flag down until the ball goes out or the attack breaks down. Therefore the only options are that the assistant missed the offside, or he thought it was offside at the time but then forgot to flag when it went out. Neither are a good look but I feel like the former is more likely.

Watched a full Barclays game for the first time in years tonight.

Man Utd are worse than I expected and for all the hype the boy Fernandes is absolute pish. Couldn't believe some of his decision making tonight. Heart of a pea as well.

Chelsea could have won the game in a few different ways, they were a class apart. Aside from a flukey f**k up from Jorginho they'd have won easily. Werner is a guy I keep rooting for, but he can't hit a barn door.

McTominay was an absolute warrior today. None of the players look good enough for Man U though. Its weird to see. 

A final thought. How much fucking analysis doesva game need? The amount of time spent talking about the game afterwards was insane. It really wasn't that interesting. Bonkers.

5 minutes ago, velo army said:

How much fucking analysis doesva game need? The amount of time spent talking about the game afterwards was insane. It really wasn't that interesting. Bonkers.

All part of the 'sell'.

This was a big, big, game, best league in the world etc, etc, etc, we need to talk about it for ages. 

9 hours ago, velo army said:

A final thought. How much fucking analysis doesva game need? The amount of time spent talking about the game afterwards was insane. It really wasn't that interesting. Bonkers.

They have about 90 minutes after the game to fill so effectively have to analyse every shot on goal and get all 3 pundits take on it.  It's basically Sky covering Rangers games (1 hour pre match wanking over them today) but on steroids.

Watched a full Barclays game for the first time in years tonight.
Man Utd are worse than I expected and for all the hype the boy Fernandes is absolute pish. Couldn't believe some of his decision making tonight. Heart of a pea as well.
Chelsea could have won the game in a few different ways, they were a class apart. Aside from a flukey f**k up from Jorginho they'd have won easily. Werner is a guy I keep rooting for, but he can't hit a barn door.
McTominay was an absolute warrior today. None of the players look good enough for Man U though. Its weird to see. 
I only watch the Monday Night Football analysis as the pundits are good and the level of detail is better than "Super Sunday's" 90 minutes of trying to get social media clips.

I was actually thinking yesterday at half-time that Sky's pundits are pretty shite now. Alex Scott never seems to make an appearance now, Craig Bellamy's cancelled, Liam Rosenior is working at Derby and Carragher and Neville don't tend to be in the studio much. Fucking hell, they had Mourninho a couple of years ago. These were all regular fixtures recently and their replacements aren't up to much.

5 hours ago, Meldrew said:

the biggest united website never had him in the top 3, or do they just not like him because he's a jock ?

Don’t know, don’t care. Also had it been up to me then I’d have awarded Matic the MOTM. 

None of this changes the fact that McTominay was superb and put in a performance that pished all over your nonsense opinions of him.