English Premier League 2021/22 Season

The same reason they surround the referee after decisions before VAR, to apply pressure for the rest of the game. It's even more worthwhile with VAR involved because there's a chance the ref might have to go to the screen.

I thought VAR worked by the guy upstairs looking and telling the ref if he should go and look at the screen. Isn't every big decision checked by the VAR now automatically?

I'm struggling to see what difference them surrounding the ref makes.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Surely you cant get a corner there wtf

Nothing to do with VAR. The rule is that if the assistant thinks its offside then he waits until the play stops and then puts his flag up. It's just a good old fashioned mistake where he thought it wasn't offside.

Nothing to do with VAR. The rule is that if the assistant thinks its offside then he waits until the play stops and then puts his flag up. It's just a good old fashioned mistake where he thought it wasn't offside.
Yeah I though that Carragher was rattling on about a rule change but I thought no way could that be right

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The delay in making the decision can lead to the assistant making no decision and (wrongly in this case) relying on VAR make the call. That's obviously not the rule, but there are two plausible errors that could explain the outcome rather than one.

I'd probably have a cock-up with VAR rather than an assistant failing to spot such an obvious offside tbh. 

Newcastle United becoming the world's richest football club and being emptied into the second tier in the same season would be both utterly hilarious, and the most Newcastle United outcome possible. Finishing below Norwich is probably too much to hope for, but it'd be as funny as f**k.

Just now, Crow said:

Chelsea are the current European Champions. 

What does that have to do with the England Under 21 team beating the greatest Italian team of all time the other night?