English Premier League 2021/22 Season

Just now, parsforlife said:

Not much in the evening K.O

Main point of note is the leeds kit is fucking bowfing.

There is a weird kit clash thing going on.

Both teams are essentially wearing shades of blue. Brighton are wearing the darker blue when they have their backs to the camera and the lighter blue when they are front on.

Not great.

53 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Both teams are essentially wearing shades of blue. Brighton are wearing the darker blue when they have their backs to the camera and the lighter blue when they are front on.

Not great.

It was the kit clash that initially drew my eye.

Brighton have committed the sin of not having stripes over the full shirt.

It might help journalists that can’t be arsed to do proper research and see the physical differences between players before misidentifying them but I have no idea why that should matter

However even in isolation the Leeds kit is a horrific color.

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Not great.

Leeds away and third kits are different shades of blue (great idea that).

It’s one of those games where up here the ref would just have told the home team to wear their away kit but that never happens down in the EPL. It just wouldn’t be very Barclays.

8 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Newcastle are rancid, Although I’d have fancied Bruce to keep them up more than Howe.

We'll see what happens, but I thought appointing Howe just now was stupid and getting ahead of themselves. They are clearly very likely to get relegated this season and their only aim this season should have been to get a manager to keep them in the league. They can worry about their 'project' next summer if they stay up and I think that's when they should have appointed Howe. He's not a manager I'd bring in to a relegation threatened club with a dire defence. As you say, Bruce would have been a better option in the meantime until they found someone else.

I think it was a case of the club trying to make a statement early on, but they may have gone too early.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

The red card overturned for Douglas Luiz definitely could've been a red, he's went in at pace uncontrolled but VAR slows it down so it doesnt look bad.

I thought that. He still clips him with that leading foot and would have felt safe calling it a dangerous tackle. Didn't think you needed to actually maim your opponent to get a red.

17 hours ago, Ken Deans said:

Watching Palace against Villa. John McGinn has been immense.Edited to add what a screamer from John McGinn by miles best player on the park

McGinn is the best player on the park most weeks in the EPL. But isn’t rated at £100m like Grealish for some reason.

10 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

McGinn is the best player on the park most weeks in the EPL. But isn’t rated at £100m like Grealish for some reason.

I can’t believe 3 years ago Celtic flatly refused to spend £3m on McGinn. Although Tbf it’s been a blessing in disguise for McGinn and Scotland given his development at Villa.

40 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I can’t believe 3 years ago Celtic flatly refused to spend £3m on McGinn. Although Tbf it’s been a blessing in disguise for McGinn and Scotland given his development at Villa.

I’m glad for McGinn and Scotland’s sake.

44 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Huge boost for Scotland as he's almost certainly developed into a better player than he would've been at Celtic, his links to that club through his grandfather always suggested Celtic would low ball Hibs, McGregor would benefit from a Barclays move too

I hadn't looked at the table for a while so didn't realise just how bad Newcastle are. I thought they'd be their usual 17th to 14th position not clear at the bottom, 6 points from 17th and no wins. Bottomless pockets or not no big names are going to go there in January unless Eddie has a remarkable December. Advanced talks for Dembele and Coutinho? Kroos, Lacazette, Van de Beek being targeted? Amazing stuff. More likely Jay Rodrigues or Dan Gosling maybe even Phil Jones on loan.😂

1 hour ago, Meldrew said:

Huge boost for Scotland as he's almost certainly developed into a better player than he would've been at Celtic, his links to that club through his grandfather always suggested Celtic would low ball Hibs, McGregor would benefit from a Barclays move too

100%.