English Premier League 2021/22 Season

Just now, senorsoupe said:

They have some good attacking players like Bruno Fernandes, Ronaldo, Sahcho etc... but the squad has no balance.  Defensively garbage and without a really good defensive midfielder (no offence to McTominay but he's not at the same level as the likes of Kante, Fabinho etc..).  Even with Maguire and Shaw in the team, they should be much more competitive 

Shaw's form has fell of a cliff, never rated Maguire, however he was missed at the end of last season, so that tells its own story, McTominay is shite, how he gets starts beggars belief.

4 hours ago, Meldrew said:

what have chelsea changed about their team other that get rid of fat frank ?  {and signed lukaku}

Changed the formation, tactics and got a manager that knows what he’s doing.

7 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Pochettino has been pish at PSG. They were talking about punting him in October. 

He won’t win Man Utd the league IMO so he onto plums already.

Pochettino (and probably any other potential new manager) is on a hiding to nothing at Man Utd unless he can bin about 70% of the deadwood and dross. 

Forgetting arseholes and attitudes, based on pure ability who would you desperately want to keep? 

Ronaldo, Varane, Pogba, maybe Rashford and Greenwood? 

Didn't Poch basically fail to win a one horse race last season?

Ten Hag is an excellent coach but I can't see him fitting into Man United's structure.

Basically they're going to make another banter appointment, throw £250million at it and still be shite 2 years later

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Changed the formation, tactics and got a manager that knows what he’s doing.

Pochettino (and probably any other potential new manager) is on a hiding to nothing at Man Utd unless he can bin about 70% of the deadwood and dross. 

Forgetting arseholes and attitudes, based on pure ability who would you desperately want to keep? 

Ronaldo, Varane, Pogba, maybe Rashford and Greenwood? 

so wouldn't a proper manager do that at united ?

bin 70% ? naw just fred & mctominay.

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

“just Fred & McTominay” is silly talk. They’ve an abundance of dross. Those two merely scratch the surface. 

don't talk shite, get a proper coach like Ten Hag, get shot of fred and mctominay and that squad will be more than ok with a couple of midfield additions.

49 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

don't talk shite, get a proper coach like Ten Hag, get shot of fred and mctominay and that squad will be more than ok with a couple of midfield additions.

Their best eleven practically picks itself even if Solskjaer didn’t.

With the exception of Varane, their entire first choice defence is second rate guff. What’s waiting in the wings is laughable.

In midfield, Pogba is world class if at any point he decides he can be arsed. Fernandes can’t seem to do it in the big games against the top teams. Van De Beek admittedly I haven’t seen enough of. The rest are second rate guff, whilst Mata and Matic are past their sell by date.

It’s only up front that they’re fairly well equipped. 

Edited by 8MileBU

With the exception of Varane, their entire first choice defence is second rate guff. What’s waiting in the wings is laughable.
In midfield, Pogba is world class if at any point he decides he can be arsed. Fernandes can’t seem to do it in the big games against the top teams. Van De Beek admittedly I haven’t seen enough of. The rest are second rate guff, whilst Mata and Matic are past their sell by date.
You're not accounting for a good manager improving some players though. Maguire, Shaw, Pogba and even McTominay have shown that they're capable of better than what they've shown this season. That doesn't necessarily mean a new manager will get the best out of them but they're not performing to their best atm and a good manager can elevate them.

To give a bit of context on Maguire cupping his hands in the Albania match, this goes back to when he was arrested for fighting with the Greek police.

His defence was that he was protecting his sister from dodgy Albanians - an easy target in Greece. No exact equivalent here in the UK but if you go back a few decades it would be saying that the suspects looked Irish-y.

I would have loved to have seen Maguire (or his party) pointing out how they can tell the difference between the Greek and Albanian language...

As an aside, any Albanian partying on a Greek island is probably very wealthy. I doubt they ever existed but if they had Maguire would have (and should have!) shat the bed before trying to fight them.

I imagine the fans were booing him because he fell back on a lazy racist stereotype to cover the fact he made an arse of himself, making life even harder for the hard working migrants who go there to work and face prejudice as it is. He's a c**t basically.

Great to see such a terrible person playing badly and making a fool of himself. Despite how awful he is, his penalty in the Euros final was actually, grudgingly, top class. Great they didn't win so it wasn't on a loop for months to come.

As for those criticising McTominay, and unfavourable comparisons to Kante and Fabinho - important to emphasize McTominay is already ahead in his career than either of those were at a similar age. Kante had just moved to Leicester and Fabinho was a few seasons in at a decent Monaco side. It's a position you tend to get better at as you grow older. Liverpool were trying to punt Henderson at a similar age. McTominay was a favourite of both Solksjaer and Mourinho (the latter even created an award for him) - I'm fairly certain he will be a fixture for whoever the new manager is. Relatively low wage homegrown players are not the players Man Utd need to ship out. 

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

maybe football isnt for you, even with the worst manager in their history, they've finished in the top 4 in the last two seasons and got to finals in cups, a proper manager with a direction will change the whole dynamic of that team, 

Just now, Satoshi said:

To give a bit of context on Maguire cupping his hands in the Albania match, this goes back to when he was arrested for fighting with the Greek police.

His defence was that he was protecting his sister from dodgy Albanians - an easy target in Greece. No exact equivalent here in the UK but if you go back a few decades it would be saying that the suspects looked Irish-y.

I would have loved to have seen Maguire (or his party) pointing out how they can tell the difference between the Greek and Albanian language...

As an aside, any Albanian partying on a Greek island is probably very wealthy. I doubt they ever existed but if they had Maguire would have (and should have!) shat the bed before trying to fight them.

I imagine the fans were booing him because he fell back on a lazy racist stereotype to cover the fact he made an arse of himself, making life even harder for the hard working migrants who go there to work and face prejudice as it is. He's a c**t basically.

Great to see such a terrible person playing badly and making a fool of himself. Despite how awful he is, his penalty in the Euros final was actually, grudgingly, top class. Great they didn't win so it wasn't on a loop for months to come.

As for those criticising McTominay, and unfavourable comparisons to Kante and Fabinho - important to emphasize McTominay is already ahead in his career than either of those were at a similar age. Kante had just moved to Leicester and Fabinho was a few seasons in at a decent Monaco side. It's a position you tend to get better at as you grow older. Liverpool were trying to punt Henderson at a similar age. McTominay was a favourite of both Solksjaer and Mourinho (the latter even created an award for him) - I'm fairly certain he will be a fixture for whoever the new manager is. Relatively low wage homegrown players are not the players Man Utd need to ship out. 

there is absolutely no way McTominay is a fixture with the new guy, and him being a favourite of Mourinho was more about his ''feud'' with Pogba than the ability one of P & B's tartan darling has.

14 hours ago, Meldrew said:

the club monitor everything on their social media pages, club propaganda for both ole in & ole out factions

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2021/11/08/neville-man-united-social-media/

I have to hand it to them - their fans have been lapping it up. 

I find the whole thing perverse and also think it reflects badly on Solskjaer, who looks like a total doormat. He gets fired, so rather than just seeing himself out, he goes on camera to say some words, thank you for the opportunity etc. in order that the club that's fired him can get some likes and MY CLUB ❤🖤 engagement on its socials.

Only in the #Barclays

Edited by Michael W

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

I have to hand it to them - their fans have been lapping it up. 

I find the whole thing perverse and also think it reflects badly on Solskjaer, who looks like a total doormat. He gets fired, so rather than just seeing himself out, he goes on camera to say some words, thank you for the opportunity etc. in order that the club that's fired him can get some likes and MY CLUB ❤🖤 engagement on its socials.

Only in the #Barclays

''Top Red'' United fans are like Scientologists, they lap up every bit of club propaganda, and think it makes them superior supporters, they're every bit of as bad for the club as the Glazers,

Edited by Meldrew

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:
9 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

You're not accounting for a good manager improving some players though. Maguire, Shaw, Pogba and even McTominay have shown that they're capable of better than what they've shown this season. That doesn't necessarily mean a new manager will get the best out of them but they're not performing to their best atm and a good manager can elevate them.

I am though. I fully agree with what you say about a new manager giving a side a lift, (Tuchel a good example at Chelsea), but for the sort of money Man Utd have spent relative to the other big spenders, there’s absolutely no excuse for the standard of players in key positions (namely defence and midfield) being so far behind what their rivals have and in several cases paid significantly less for. That said, I’m not entirely convinced the last few Utd managers had all that much of say in several of their signings.

1 hour ago, Meldrew said:

maybe football isnt for you, even with the worst manager in their history, they've finished in the top 4 in the last two seasons and got to finals in cups, a proper manager with a direction will change the whole dynamic of that team, 

Uh-huh.

Edited by 8MileBU