English Premier League 2021/22 Season

9 minutes ago, David W said:

Worth remembering the same summer they decided to ignore the general trend in World football and spend £55 million on a full back that can't cross the halfway line.

They haven’t done the best job of strengthening their defence have they?

The fact that Manchester United have said they will appoint an interim manager until the end of the season shows they are a shambles off and on the park.

The interim boss will become a permanent boss, who’ll do the exact same as Ole.

Until the Glazers are gone and the club moves on from Fergies era they’ll be stuck in purgatory.

4 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Until the Glazers are gone and the club moves on from Fergies era they’ll be stuck in purgatory.

TBF the media and all EPL supporters who are over the age of 30 are having a difficult time moving on from the Fergie era as well.

38 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Exactly this. The fact they are going down the 'interim coach' route shows they haven't learned a single thing from what has just happened.

If the interim boss does a good job, they'll be backed into appointing him full time. Again.

It's quite staggering how incompetently run that club is.

38 minutes ago, mizfit said:

it goes far deeper than that, a top guy  like Conte for 2 or 3 seasons doesnt wash the fans or board, they are hell bent on creating another Busby, Ferguson era, academy kids and all that bollocks, next guy that comes in is on a hiding to nothing and i can see the ''Ole in'' crowd getting right on his case at the first run of bad results

I'll retract this if they get someone in soon, but his sacking's been inevitable for weeks (if not a couple of years) so any club with a proper structure would be speaking to the replacement within 24 hours. If they're just starting to look for candidates now then they're stupider than we thought.

4 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I'll retract this if they get someone in soon, but his sacking's been inevitable for weeks (if not a couple of years) so any club with a proper structure would be speaking to the replacement within 24 hours. If they're just starting to look for candidates now then they're stupider than we thought.

I'm well aware 99% of people on this forum are far more invested in the scottish leagues, but this is common knowledge to most fans of the english top flight, they{the glazers and board members} never seen this coming, and some still wanted to keep him in his post thinking he could turn it around {even after yesterday} they genuinely have no clue what they are doing, rest easy because the banter years aren't close to being over, the cult of manager {busby & ferguson} have warp the reality of a lot of their fanbase, I guarantee they're hoping for PSG to get knocked out of the CL and sack Pochettino, something something long term, something something plays the kids.

29 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I think the fact they sacked him after an international break and haven't announced anything answers this query for you.

Ole was obviously Ed Woodward's attempt at recreating the Fergie years. Anyone with any football knowledge knew it was doomed to failure from the start. From what I've seen a lot of fans never wanted him in the first place and have wanted him out for ages. They were desperate for Conte to be appointed as he's a now man, not a 5 years from now man. 
There was some talk of Ralf Rangnick for the rest of the season then moved to a real Director of Football roll when the new permanent man came in. That would mean someone in a key footballing role that actually knew what they were doing so it was an obvious non-starter from a Glazer/Woodward stance. They've learned nothing from the farce of Fergie leaving and are obviously ever likely too. You'd think with all the money in the United fan base they could put together a consortium to try and buy the Glazers out but there hasn't been any talk of it for years now.