English Premier League 2021/22 Season

Nothing official but even the BBC are reporting that Solskjaers away.

Im starting to get worried that we are about to lose a banter club here to some vague level of competence.

Either that or they give it to Fletcher and Carrick and the banter gets ramped up....
Don't want Fletcher embarrassing himself. He's a good egg.

I agree though that this could be a sad day for hilarity. MU really annoyed me this season and last with their predictable comebacks but there's no denying that Ole has given us two and a half years of world class schadenfreude.

Only saw the Watford highlights there.

Harry Maguire trying to be a 'baller and instead of getting past the player ends up getting sent off is one of the funniest things I'll see all week [emoji38] Get it right fucking up the fanny. Sadly Roy Keane isn't on the MoTD panel.

Maguire's stupidity cost Utd any chance of a result today. How did the MoTD panel address this? f**k all from the host, not a peep from Shearer and a wee "Maguire has had a poor season, Cleverly was terrific today" from Wright. Roy Keane is the only guy who seems to call that fucking donkey out for what he is.

If Ronaldo or Pogba had done that they would have flung them to the dogs. Fannies.
Imagine he was a foreigner instead of Engerlands golden boy, he'd have been hounded into the 3rd division by now.

6 minutes ago, Empty It said:

The state of the whole penalty incident at the start of the Man United game is exactly why VAR should be filed straight into the bin.

That whole situation was ridiculous.

For the first take they couldn’t allow the rebound because of encroachment. But because they’d recognised that it then meant they felt that they couldn’t ignore the encroachment by the Man United players so a retake it was.

For the second take both sides were encroaching again but it was just ignored.

It’s either an offence or it isn’t.

That whole situation was ridiculous.
For the first take they couldn’t allow the rebound because of encroachment. But because they’d recognised that it then meant they felt that they couldn’t ignore the encroachment by the Man United players so a retake it was.
For the second take both sides were encroaching again but it was just ignored.
It’s either an offence or it isn’t.
Farcical really, I didnt watch it in real time but can guarantee the whole incident wouldn't have been a kick in the arse off 10 minutes with 2 VAR checks.

Just watched the Man United highlights. Wow [emoji23]

On Maguire, I genuinely can't think of a player more fortunate to be in the position he's in relative to his level of ability. There was a few murmurs of "bullying" after Roy Keane (rightly) slaughtered him but he's spot on. If he wasn't English then Maguire would get a much tougher time of it from the media.

9 hours ago, Lofarl said:

Sad thing is OGS seems like a nice guy.  But Man U deserve all the misfortune coming to them.  The very fact that a former manager of Liverpool is tipped to take the job tells you everything about what the game in England has become.

I'm  not sure what that tells us.

52 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Just watched the Man United highlights. Wow emoji23.png

On Maguire, I genuinely can't think of a player more fortunate to be in the position he's in relative to his level of ability. There was a few murmurs of "bullying" after Roy Keane (rightly) slaughtered him but he's spot on. If he wasn't English then Maguire would get a much tougher time of it from the media.

I feel pretty sorry for him. Firstly he never slapped the enormous price tag on himself and when Leicester knew Man Utd were interested they knew they could get a ludicrous amount for him and took Utd to the cleaners. Even if Harry didn’t want to go there he would have been forced to get the money in for him. Since his arrival he has had the price tag constantly used against him and people can’t seem to get round the fact that he’s not as good as VVD despite costing a few million more. He’s definitely the easiest target out of the Man Utd players but he was never going to be the guy who solved all their problems.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I feel pretty sorry for him. Firstly he never slapped the enormous price tag on himself and when Leicester knew Man Utd were interested they knew they could get a ludicrous amount for him and took Utd to the cleaners. Even if Harry didn’t want to go there he would have been forced to get the money in for him. Since his arrival he has had the price tag constantly used against him and people can’t seem to get round the fact that he’s not as good as VVD despite costing a few million more. He’s definitely the easiest target out of the Man Utd players but he was never going to be the guy who solved all their problems.

Worth remembering the same summer they decided to ignore the general trend in World football and spend £55 million on a full back that can't cross the halfway line.