English Premier League 2021/22 Season

BBC referencing some great "Newcastle rumours" tonight.

Mbappe and Kane within reach for January. 🤪

Eddie Howe would turn down the Magpies while he waits for the Southampton job 🤣

Former Newcastle striker Demba Ba, 36, has offered to come out of retirement and play for the club after the takeover 🤣 😂 🤣 (TBF I've made the same offer)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/58814068

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

6 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Mbappe and Kane within reach for January. 🤪

Eddie Howe would turn down the Magpies while he waits for the Southampton job 🤣

Former Newcastle striker Demba Ba, 36, has offered to come out of retirement and play for the club after the takeover 🤣 😂 🤣 (TBF I've made the same offer)

Do Newcastle now have ‘off the radar’ wealth? Their first signing should be Jamie McGrath. £50 million will do it.

Big club chat goes nowhere. For example, in 2021 Aberdeen are a bigger club than St Mirren. Bigger support, bigger stadium, bigger expectations. Absolutely nothing between us in 2021 regarding the talent in the squad, and we have a better manager IMHO. They’re bigger than us though.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Big club chat goes nowhere. For example, in 2021 Aberdeen are a bigger club than St Mirren. Bigger support, bigger stadium, bigger expectations. Absolutely nothing between us in 2021 regarding the talent in the squad, and we have a better manager IMHO. They’re bigger than us though.

:lol:

Mbappe and Kane within reach for January. [emoji2957]
Eddie Howe would turn down the Magpies while he waits for the Southampton job [emoji1787]
Former Newcastle striker Demba Ba, 36, has offered to come out of retirement and play for the club after the takeover [emoji1787] [emoji23] [emoji1787] (TBF I've made the same offer)
For some reason, I could see them getting Kane. He's not winning anything with Spurs anytime soon and might fancy a move to a club with "ambition" (and bigger wages of course).

Of the clubs usually linked with him I can't see City going back for him. United won't either now they've got Ronaldo, same applies with Chelsea and Lukaku. Barca are skint and Real Madrid seem to be focused on Mbappe.

Kane might see Newcastle as being a punt worth taking.

Kane will want a club that is going to win stuff now. Newcastle are a project, they could well be competing for major honours in three or four seasons. Kane will be well into his thirties by then, I doubt he will think it worth the wait. Haaland might be more achievable as he's young. Mbappe I get the feeling will wait for Real Madrid in the summer.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

15 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

English football has so many ‘big’ clubs with a great history but it’s not surprising given their population and the fact they were the first to have professional league football.
When I was growing up in the 70s I am sure Villa had the record for number FA Cup and League Cup wins.
They also had a large amount of league wins but most were in the 1800s.
Everton were also a club that were talked about as being part of the big 5 in the late 80s and big team Spurs have never won the league since The Beatles had their first hit single!

when the ''secret'' talks about the premier league took place, it was the ''big 5'' who attended the meeting, the 2 Merseyside club, the 2 North London clubs and Manchester United

1 hour ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

There's a video somewhere of the France squad flying to a game and Griezmann is showing Mbappé that he's signed him for his Newcastle team on Football Manager.

The idea has already been planted.

The fact that Mbappe was confused and didn't know who Newcastle were is only making this inevitable signing much, much more glorious IMO. 

16 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

English football has so many ‘big’ clubs with a great history but it’s not surprising given their population and the fact they were the first to have professional league football.
When I was growing up in the 70s I am sure Villa had the record for number FA Cup and League Cup wins.
They also had a large amount of league wins but most were in the 1800s.
Everton were also a club that were talked about as being part of the big 5 in the late 80s and big team Spurs have never won the league since The Beatles had their first hit single!

When I started going to Villa (1988) we had won every trophy the same or more times than Man U. Haven't really bothered keeping track of things since, but imagine we are still ahead.

52 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

When I started going to Villa (1988) we had won every trophy the same or more times than Man U. Haven't really bothered keeping track of things since, but imagine we are still ahead.

Aye, there wouldn't be much in it...