English Premier League 2021/22 Season

in my best ''Auf Wiedersehen Pet'' voice, ''i dinnah gie a fook man, the toon are gonna win the league''

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/saudi-arabia-executed-184-last-21278372

the whataboutery we usually hear from the ugly sisters is going to seem really low level stuff compared to the mental gymnastics from those who have a soft spot for the geordies.

already seen comments such as the run of the mill, ''this team got money from X and that team gets backing from Y & Z, they're all as bad as each other, to the childish, ''you're team plays in a Nike kit, they run sweat shops in the indonesia'' 

Edited by Meldrew

2 hours ago, Namond Brice said:

Lol. £0 net spend in 3 years. 

Please sir, a crumb of transfer deficit for the children m'lord.

IMG_20211007_105945.jpg.d2c43cee06427e2d558a215c51ff2590.jpg

Yes, being relegated twice from the top flight in the past 30 years, and winning the second tier at the first time of asking both times, must have been unbearable for them.

Truly makes you thankful for what you have. 

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

I see the Sun are linking Steven Gerrard with the Newcastle job.

That could be funny.

Gerrard will stay at Ibrox and get the Liverpool job when Klopp leaves. John Terry could be funnier.

The bookies' favourites are Howe, Wilder, Benitez, Lampard, Conte and Mourinho. The fans would not want Howe or Wilder after their recent relegations.

Graham Potter, doing well at Brighton on a low budget, could be a decent shout. However, the new owners will probably bring in a "big name" to attract better players.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

Who will be their Robinho?
I always like the early days of these squad builds. They'll have a couple of world class internationls in the same XI as guff like Jeff Hendick and Jonjo Shelvey.
Incidentally, I hadnt realised until just recently that Robinho is actually a rapist. Must have missed that on the news

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:
I always like the early days of these squad builds. They'll have a couple of world class internationls in the same XI as guff like Jeff Hendick and Jonjo Shelvey.

Incidentally, I hadnt realised until just recently that Robinho is actually a rapist. Must have missed that on the news

He's not going to do any porridge for it either as long as he stays in Brazil. Brazilian citizens cannot be extradited.

I think PL FFP rules prevent a City/Chelsea situation from happening again, they aren't able to just come in an go absolutely daft from day one anymore so it'll be a slow build. Probably be more akin to Wolves if anything, who are also absolutely minted but unable to just spend 400 million every window. Having said that some Saudi team will end up buying Jonjo Shelvey for 250 million.

I think PL FFP rules prevent a City/Chelsea situation from happening again, they aren't able to just come in an go absolutely daft from day one anymore so it'll be a slow build. Probably be more akin to Wolves if anything, who are also absolutely minted but unable to just spend 400 million every window. Having said that some Saudi team will end up buying Jonjo Shelvey for 250 million.
I thought FFP rules were essentially scrapped not long ago? They're waste of time anyway, the super rich can get around it.

At least whoever it was won't think they're signing for someone else given Newcastle is a one-club city.

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:
35 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

At least whoever it was won't think they're signing for someone else given Newcastle is a one-club city.

Gareth Bale and/or Coutinho are my shouts.

Edited by Crawford Bridge

56 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

no chance FFP does anything to stop Newcastle splashing money.

they will do the same as City. Have the club make large capital investments (allowed under FFP) then sell services to themselves at inflated rates vastly increasing the club's revenue on paper.

Would be funny if they fluff the next transfer window and get relegated this season.

And call me a cynic but this deal getting approved on a non-EPL weekend on a thursday evening feels planned. Media get all their outrage/coverage on Friday and then it gets buried for the next 5 days by England coverage.