English Premier League 2021/22 Season

22 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You could get tickets for any PL team if you apply for League Cup games. They're usually available. Next best is try a midweek league game.

£10 for Newcastle v Burnley next week. Fans still huffy with Ashley, doubt that'll sell out even at that price (jumps to £20 on the day of the game)

£10 for Newcastle v Burnley next week. Fans still huffy with Ashley, doubt that'll sell out even at that price (jumps to £20 on the day of the game)
Huffy with Ashley but would have been delighted to have been taken over by one of the most repressive dictators in the world [emoji2369]

17 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Huffy with Ashley but would have been delighted to have been taken over by one of the most repressive dictators in the world emoji2369.png

there is no arguing with Saudi lovers, the mental gymnastics they do to try and justify their potential ownership beggars belief

3 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

Presumably that's for a distant view from high up in the stands.

West Ham hammered Newcastle in the second half on Sunday. Burnley were predictably poor against Brighton.

£10 looks a fair price to watch two struggling teams who have had minimal investment from their owners over the summer.

Discussion now on SSN about banning fans who boo the knee from stadiums.

The binfire that English football would become would be unrivalled.

Once again, once the shitshow inevitably starts, you can trace it all back to the likes of Johnson twisting himself in knots to paint it as political and allow the utterly bullshit "bUt ItS mArXiSt!!!" Line to act as a shield for racism

7 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Ramsdale is backup?

Arsenal have spent £150 million and not strengthen their first XI.

That’s just bog standard Barclays figures and been like that for ages now.  £30-40 million is the going rate for a middle of the road, mid-table level player. 

20 hours ago, GordonS said:

Huffy with Ashley but would have been delighted to have been taken over by one of the most repressive dictators in the world emoji2369.png

I know quite a few Newcastle supporters. They have an incredible sense of entitlement and expectation. I've asked a few times what this is based on but never get a cogent answer. It's usually along the lines of...

"Weye-aye man, the toon, Malcolm McDonald, Wor Jackie man"

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I know quite a few Newcastle supporters. They have an incredible sense of entitlement and expectation. I've asked a few times what this is based on but never get a cogent answer. It's usually along the lines of...

i get the ''all we want is some investment in the team''  but really they want to be the next City and i have no doubt  a majority of their fans would be unbearable 

1 minute ago, Meldrew said:

i get the ''all we want is some investment in the team''  but really they want to be the next City and i have no doubt  a majority of their fans would be unbearable 

I'm good friends with them but they are incredulous when anyone doesn't see the massive unfulfilled potential at Newcastle. Last time I was down, everyone went to the Newcastle game, I went to South Shields on my todd.

5 hours ago, Meldrew said:

Man City fans are village idiots who won the lottery and somehow think they deserved it. They're willing participants in sportswashing.

Sure, the owners might allow rampant exploitation of foreign workers, causing hundreds of deaths and scores of suicides each year; they may using up their nation's natural resources as fast as they possibly can (causing climate change as they go) and only sharing crumbs of it with the people of the country; they may discriminate against women and severely constrain their life choices; they may jail people who criticise them, without bothering with things like trials; but they've spent a bit of money doing up the east side of Manchester so they must be good guys.

Compared to that Mike Ashley is a saint.

Man City play great football, but knowing that Kevin De Bruyne is just a falcon in a golden cage knocks all the fun out of watching them.

2 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Gabriel Jesus is backup to a team that doesn’t have a striker.

Yeah but for context, he plays for a team who's manager is doggedly determined to show how clever he is by not playing a striker

The only club fans that can match their sense of entitlement are West Ham.