English Premier League 2021/22 Season

I'm a Brentford season ticket holder, have been for the last few seasons after moving down to London. Unfortunately I needed to move back to Glasgow during lockdown and wasn't able to make it tonight. 

What a night. As has been said, can only imagine how much more it means to the fans who've been with them for decades. Really excited to see what this season brings. 

8 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

So, do crowds really make a difference? I recorded every EPL game last season. I think I watched four or five of them in real time. The rest I watched via Sky’s 1 minute at a time fast forward. I would “watch” a game in less than 15 minutes.

Brentford tonight I watched every minute of it, and was proper grinning for most of it. Great stuff, and yes, Brentford starry start might well fade, but tonight, it was just brilliant.

That was a one off due to the circumstances.  Most games will be just as dire to watch with crowds as without. 

The rest of this weekend fixtures will probably confirm. 

Watching White getting ragdolled by everyone's favourite for relegation must be some laugh for the English pundits spending the past month saying Varane is a poor signing as he won't cope physically with the English game, while simultaneously saying White is a good deal as young, great on the ball, and knows how to defend in this league.

9 hours ago, ListerRRFC said:

I'm a Brentford season ticket holder, have been for the last few seasons after moving down to London. Unfortunately I needed to move back to Glasgow during lockdown and wasn't able to make it tonight. 

What a night. As has been said, can only imagine how much more it means to the fans who've been with them for decades. Really excited to see what this season brings. 

Been saying it for ages, but we'll need to meet up during a game. 

As mentioned above, Tierney and the lad Rowe are the absolute stick outs, and as things stand, are a couple of levels above the rest of the team. Sure Aubameyang and Lacazette were missing, but neither of them are capable of grabbing the team by the scruff of the neck.

Arteta seems to be trying to emulate Wenger. He would be far better trying to emulate George Graham.

Raphinha is one of the best players to watch in the Premier League. Tremendous footballer.
Very surprising not to have seen massove speculation over him. It seemed to start before last season finished then quiet over summer. Leeds gain obviously. Doubt they expected to keep him another season.