English Premier League 2021/22 Season

8 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If they are English they are going for inflated fees.

I genuinely think it makes zero business sense.

The only advantage I can see is less international travel. Signing South Americans, Asian or African  players sometimes means an availability issue crops up now and again. I'd live with it though for the likes of Son.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Mind when Neymar went to PSG for stupid money, the media, ckub chairmen and all were talking about how it was an outlier and we weren't about to embark on an era of utterly stupid transfer fees..... Barclays tho
When did Neymar play in the Barclays?

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
Mind when Neymar went to PSG for stupid money, the media, ckub chairmen and all were talking about how it was an outlier and we weren't about to embark on an era of utterly stupid transfer fees..... Barclays tho

When did Neymar play in the Barclays?

He didnt. It was his transfer to PSG that was called an outlier by various people. And here we are looking at the potential for no change out a quarter of a billion for Harry Kane and Jack Grealish......

Wild folk can see Grealish become the 6th most expensive player of all time, and think that's normal.

Absolutely wild.

Looks like trophy-dodger Kane has thrown the toys. 

If Man City genuinely are going to bid £100m for Grealish, it's hard to see how even Abu Dhabi FC are going to land Kane as well without some departures. 

Looks like trophy-dodger Kane has thrown the toys. 
If Man City genuinely are going to bid £100m for Grealish, it's hard to see how even Abu Dhabi FC are going to land Kane as well without some departures. 
I think Silva, Sterling, Jesus and maybe Mahrez have all been linked with moves away. If I had to guess, I'd say they won't get him as it seems dependent on departures.

As much as it would be fun from a football perspective to see City get him, breaking the British record twice in one month is too much to look past.

I think all this "he shouldn't have signed a six year deal" is pretty harsh on Kane.

Yes and no.
To be guaranteed 6 years when he signed when everything was heading in the right direction at Spurs would’ve been brilliant.

Since then. They’ve failed to win a trophy, dropped out the champions league, are pretty much shopping on the cheap and are directionless. It’s no wonder he’s wanting to jump ship especially if other clubs can guarantee him the trophy he craves.

On the other hand, he should’ve put in a break clause asking it be reviewed if they fail to qualify for the CL etc.

10 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Yes and no.
To be guaranteed 6 years when he signed when everything was heading in the right direction at Spurs would’ve been brilliant.

Since then. They’ve failed to win a trophy, dropped out the champions league, are pretty much shopping on the cheap and are directionless. It’s no wonder he’s wanting to jump ship especially if other clubs can guarantee him the trophy he craves.

On the other hand, he should’ve put in a break clause asking it be reviewed if they fail to qualify for the CL etc.

A gentlemen's agreement would suggest Spurs asked for this to be left out whilst promising they'll be fair.

41 minutes ago, mizfit said:

City are almost definitely going to offer Spurs whatever player they want plus cash for Kane.

City would not offer Spurs Cancelo, Dias, De Bruyne, Rodri or Foden. Not sure about Stones or Laporte.

IIRC Sterling and Bernardo Silva are reportedly available for transfer. Jesus is wanted by Italian clubs. 

Bernardo Silva is a brilliant wee player. Surprised City would be willing to let him leave.

Is there any link between Silva and Nuno other than them both being Portuguese? Have they ever worked together before?