How Confident Are You For The New Season?

2 hours ago, Clayhole Blue said:

I’m not sure there will be runaway leaders or runaway trapdoor troublers this season.

I expect Kelty to be there or thereabouts, given their investment, and would have thought that Stirling Albion and Elgin will be top end too.

I’m hoping we will be troubling the top end, and we’ve looked decent, if a slight bit toothless, so far. But there have been so many changes at both Stranraer and Stenny that I’m not sure where either will finish.

Don’t know enough about Forfar, would think Albion Rovers have improved slightly, Edinburgh City regressed slightly, and fear for Cowden, but more particularly Annan.

Don’t worry about Cowden.

10 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

even Stranraer, whose new charge Jamie Hamill seems to be hoping the peculiarly studious aura derived from his bespectacled new look results in a promising debut season in management.

Greenied for this line alone. Superb.

On the basis of our good performance in the Premier Sports Cup, I would be very disappointed not to get into the playoffs this season. Can we win the League, we’re in with a chance we face favourites Kelty in our first home game of the season, beat them in that will boost our chances of getting the top spot. As for the rest expect Elgin, Forfar, Edinburgh City and maybe Stranraer to fight for a top 4 spot. Will the bookies favourite Kelty win it possibly but I would think it’s not as easy as it looks for them.
Let’s hope come May we will be celebrating getting out of this f**king league. Come on the Binos.

I was confident of a decent season for City and finishing in the top 4 a few weeks ago. I was particularly buoyed after we played some lovely stuff against Accies in the League Cup in the second half. However, I'm concerned this was more to do with Accies being fatigued due to a lack of match practice at the time.

The squad is thread bare and still getting to know one another. There is a severe lack of goal threat for all the nice passages of play that we put together and we squander some excellent chances when we carve them out. Having went to the cup game away to Albion Rovers, they caused us all sorts of problems at the back. We looked poor at defending set pieces throughout the game which is always a concern in this division.

The feeling among City fans isn't great going into the new campaign. However, things can change quickly in this league if you get a few half decent players or loan signings in, and there's plenty of time for that. As it stands just now though, City might miss the playoffs.

For the record. Kelty to stroll it.

Guest mr_malcolm

Not sure what to expect from us , I think we have a stronger squad and better manager than last season anyways . Should be good enough for top 4 but I think our frontline lacking goals will be our downfall.

It looks on paper as if we've slightly strengthened defence, and improved our midfield a fair bit. Would have been happier if Binnie was still here, but Callum Law may be a decent back up to Currie. 

Losing Andy Ryan is a real blow. His all round game and particularly his goals will be a miss. The top teams in any division tend to have a decent/excellent goalscorer, and I don't see anybody in our team who will do that for us, good forwards though they are. If one or two of them can give us 10-15 goals, and a few others chip in with between 3 and 6, I think we should be in the top 2 or 3.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest mr_malcolm
I fancy a good season for us. The professionalism Swift has brought is pretty clear already, he has high standards.

We have a team of grafters with a good mix of quality & we look like we will be playing quite pressing which teams at this level struggle with.

Slight concern with the GK, however early days so may just be getting up to speed.

Lol

On 23/07/2021 at 15:10, The Minertaur said:

Cowdenbeath:

New signings have strengthened areas where we lacked last season. Where did we struggle last season?  Goalkeeper, attacking mids and up front.

We appear to have focused our signings to fix these issues. Instead of relying on emergency loans in goal we have Cammy Gill signed after he left Dunfermline.  He's been solid so far. We even have David McGurn as back up which is a huge upgrade on...well...nobody.  

Kyle Hutton is solid in the holding midfield role allowing Kyle Miller to play in his better role in behind the strikers.  Bringing in Bobby Barr gives us competition out wide for the first time in ages.  

Up front instead of having an injured Renton up top on his own we a fit Renton partnered with Liam Buchanan.   We've a couple of young guys on loan from Raith Rovers as well who should be looking to make an impact.

We should be feeling positive for the season.  If we can avoid injuries then we can easily be a top half team.  It's a tight league this season though with only Kelty standing out.  I think I'd be disappointed if we missed out on the promotion play offs.

Me right now:

Sad Tears GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants