Optimisim levels

A touch more optimistic after our win on Saturday (albeit against a side three divisions below us), but fearing a riding at Ibrox next Saturday could really hammer our confidence. 

Illness has obviously disrupted our pre-season to an extent but performances haven’t been great regardless - lack of options at centre back is really giving me the fear and if we have indeed concluded all our business, it could be a long few months until January. 

I’ve said the same since we came back up, but finishing 10th place would do me absolutely fine. 

I'll admit I've been a new regime sceptic (putting it mildly) but Thursday's performance and result has injected a hefty dose of optimism even though I know you can't read too much into one game.  We had a team spirit and commonness of purpose that belied the messages coming from some folk connected to the club.  So far, so very surprisingly good.

Still far too early for predictions though.  The thing about more expansive football is that when things go right they go righter.   When things go wrong they go wronger.  We won't know much about this team until we see how it copes with adversity.  But I'm much less gloomy than I was last week.

• 9 months later...
On 23/07/2021 at 14:46, LiviLion said:

We've looked really poor in our cup games. Taking into account the illness issues we've had I'd expect us to improve. Problem is our defence has only really been missing one player and that's where we've looked weakest - and our answer to that is a guy who, by all accounts, was a wee bit pish at Falkirk last season. 

Last couple seasons I've went into them happy with 10th and hoping for a top half push. This time I'll be delighted if we get 11th, and not expecting anything higher. 

^^^ clown

On 25/07/2021 at 13:27, sergie's no1 fan said:

Safety guaranteed with roughly 10 games to go and another semi final would be great going for us.

Depends what our squad looks like come the transfer deadline but just now I think we have to be quietly optimistic.

Safety was guaranteed with 10 games to go 😂 then we made a chunt of it.

Once again it should have been a better ending to the season for us.

On 24/07/2021 at 18:05, pozbaird said:

don’t get relegated, don’t get rogered 7-0 at an ugly sister, don’t get pumped oot’ the cups by a lower league diddy, don’t be the top flight’s lowest scorers, don’t bore the shite out of me all season long looking for 0-0 shitfests, and don’t sell all our decent players at knockdown prices. 

Scarily accurate description of our season 

On 24/07/2021 at 18:05, pozbaird said:

Same as every top flight season in living memory - don’t get relegated, don’t get rogered 7-0 at an ugly sister, don’t get pumped oot’ the cups by a lower league diddy, don’t be the top flight’s lowest scorers, don’t bore the shite out of me all season long looking for 0-0 shitfests, and don’t sell all our decent players at knockdown prices.

Aye that’s a spookily accurate summary of our season. 

- might get relegated

- got pumped 7-0 last month

- knocked out the cup by kelty

- lowest scorers again

- poor unexciting fare on offer

- Gave McCann away for £1m

HOUSE !!!

20 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Aye that’s a spookily accurate summary of our season. 

- might get relegated

- got pumped 7-0 last month

- knocked out the cup by kelty

- lowest scorers again

- poor unexciting fare on offer

- Gave McCann away for £1m

HOUSE !!!

Apologies for that. 😜

On 26/07/2021 at 15:44, ropy said:

I expect a rollercoaster.

Which I expect is a summary of the previous ‘Well fan inputs.

One of these rollercoasters with big long flat bits and probably a puddle at the end. More of a train track really.