Optimisim levels

Guest TheJTS98

Not every season is interesting or exciting, and I think Hearts are in for a pretty dull one this time round.

We've got enough in our best side to be clear of relegation, and one of Robbie's pluses is that he's dull enough to avoid taking us down. As some of my Right Honourable friends have mentioned, we have hardly any depth, so won't trouble the top end of the league.

There are a lot of poor sides in this league, so it's a bit of a shame we have to start with Celtic. They'll beat us and may give us a bit of an early knock.

No chance we'll make any impact in either cup.

My view of this season is something dull we have to go through to get us to next year, by which time Neilson will have moved on to Rotherham United and we'll have stabilised a bit compared to the shitshow of the last few years.

5 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

Not every season is interesting or exciting, and I think Hearts are in for a pretty dull one this time round.

We've got enough in our best side to be clear of relegation, and one of Robbie's pluses is that he's dull enough to avoid taking us down. As some of my Right Honourable friends have mentioned, we have hardly any depth, so won't trouble the top end of the league.

There are a lot of poor sides in this league, so it's a bit of a shame we have to start with Celtic. They'll beat us and may give us a bit of an early knock.

No chance we'll make any impact in either cup.

My view of this season is something dull we have to go through to get us to next year, by which time Neilson will have moved on to Rotherham United and we'll have stabilised a bit compared to the shitshow of the last few years.

After the utter roller coaster  of the last decade I reckon we’re long overdue a quiet season of upper mid table respectability and I’d be fine with that

to be honest I just want Tynecastle to return to being  a place where visitors don’t arrive expecting to get anything.

What league position that  leaves us in is almost secondary and will probably hinge on who ends up wearing the number 6 and number 9 shirts 

given that the club is effectively paying off the impact if last season’s shortened fixture list by discounting this season’s season tickets  I’m not expecting those signings to be from the top drawer but you never can tell

Guest TheJTS98
11 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

After the utter roller coaster  of the last decade I reckon we’re long overdue a quiet season of upper mid table respectability and I’d be fine with that

to be honest I just want Tynecastle to return to being  a place where visitors don’t arrive expecting to get anything.

What league position that  leaves us in is almost secondary and will probably hinge on who ends up wearing the number 6 and number 9 shirts 

given that the club is effectively paying off the impact if last season’s shortened fixture list by discounting this season’s season tickets  I’m not expecting those signings to be from the top drawer but you never can tell

This for me, too. But I'm not sure that's likely to happen with the current squad/coach. I'd imagine we'll be thoroughly 'ok'.

Like I said, though, I can't see any real disaster. Er...

On 22/07/2021 at 23:55, RossBFaeDundee said:

Cautiously optimistic, but not committing to anything just now. Don't see how we're any worse than United, Livi or Motherwell, and certainly County. 10th will do me for this first season back.

Fuckin hell😂

If we can add more goals to the team, then I hope we can improve in the league. A lack of home goals, plus getting used to the new system/manager early on, was all that kept us out the top 4 last season. 

Not sure what to expect out the cups, don't expect to win either as that's not how it works.

Won't relax until we're comfortably safe from a relegation battle though, doesn't feel a really weak side this season yet.

Impossible to say for Hibs until we know if any of Doig, Porteous, Boyle and Nisbet are staying or who replaces them. Need at least another centre half anyway but otherwise team's looking pretty good. As long as Scott Allan's back firing the shroo balls for most of the season and we get 3rd/4th and a cup run I'll be happy 

We’re certainly going down a different route giving longer contracts to what look like better prospects along with a smaller squad. The two latest additions look promising with by all accounts more to come next week. I feel we will struggle in the first month and then who knows they could be revelations or complete flops. I think it’s fair at this point to see us as a bottom four side and I certainly don’t expect us to be challenging for top six this season but hope to be proven wrong.

Dunno. If Mellon had stayed then I'd be confident that we'd be safe and that the football would be eye bleedingly dull. With Courts I'm probably 70:30 that we'll be at least in a relegation battle and could be Dundee levels of shite. The 30 is that we might actually be okay and play decent football.

On balance I'm still happy enough that Mellon left. His style of football was killing my interest in the game.

Same as every top flight season in living memory - don’t get relegated, don’t get rogered 7-0 at an ugly sister, don’t get pumped oot’ the cups by a lower league diddy, don’t be the top flight’s lowest scorers, don’t bore the shite out of me all season long looking for 0-0 shitfests, and don’t sell all our decent players at knockdown prices. If GLS Tony & Mr Kibble could get through the season without making a cnut of things, then all round, a successful season.

Took a blow today. St Mirren at home is a very winnable game to start the season but with a covid test and 6 first teamers missing now with Celtic away and Hibs to follow that game, it could be a very, very difficult start for us.

And I think momentum could have been a big thing for us.

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Took a blow today. St Mirren at home is a very winnable game to start the season but with a covid test and 6 first teamers missing now with Celtic away and Hibs to follow that game, it could be a very, very difficult start for us.

And I think momentum could have been a big thing for us.

I think you the first team in history to get relegated on the opening day a couple of years back when you lost a game you were coasting against St Mirren. You never really recovered.

I have seen nothing from United to suggest this will be any better than last year

Hubristic answer: HEARTS JUGGERNAUT ROLLS ON BABY

Kick the stool from under me answer: Our only signing is a wee dweeb on loan from Brighton, they'll no need the Covid to launch us this time

Nearest the mark answer: I'll be happy if I just see some effort in circa 50% of our games

10 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

What's your level of optimism on your end, I'd love to hear it.

Battle for a top 6 place and at least one good cup run. So similar to this year