Optimisim levels

Hows everyone feeling about their team will do this year after what you've seen so far?

Top 6/ bottom 6, European hopefuls/ relegation candidates, cups??

What would you deem a success for your team?

For Saints, the resl ones in black and white, top 6 is the holy grail. One Good cup run would be an added bonus

Think the first 11 is easily good enough for top 6, but we have little depth. A few injuries to guys like Souttar and Boyce and we are toiling.  If we can add a few more that look good quality I would hope we could push a bit further up the table and close the gap on teams in 3rd/4th.

After doing so well last season I fear that we may drop a bit this year. I'd still be extremely confident had Lennon remained in charge of Celtic but the new appointment brings a bit of an unknown.

Still though, I think we need to be confident of retaining the title. Champions League qualification is a different matter and I'd probably rate it around 60/40 in favour of us going out given the quality of the teams we will need to get by.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, The Derry said:

Top 6 and 1 cup final.  

And one big, bald and beautiful man strutting about the middle of the pitch swatting some of the wee plooky doofuses aside with absolute ease.

Looks like there's optimism of me getting a game.

Thank you.

Not getting carried away after last night. But will be good reminding those who predicted us as a bottom 6 team this year.

IF Ramsay and Mackenzie continue to improve, we sell Ferguson and spend majority of fee (with another striker a a priority) I’m quietly confident we could have our best season in last couple of years.

Genuinely don't know. A lot will depend on what the two new central defenders we have brought in are like - Sweeney and Panter - as well as how our best players from last season - Adam, Cummings, McGhee etc - do in the Premiership. Still worried that McPake doesn't have the nous to change things when required (or even notice that things need changing, tbh).

Would be happy with 10th and a decent cup run, delighted with 8th and two decent cup runs and over the moon with top 6. Realistic expectations are 9th and League Cup quarter final and Scottish Cup loss to Aberdeen in whatever the second round we play in is...