Hibernian parking advice needed

28 minutes ago, barnseytheclaret said:

Going to the game this evening.

Heading back to Forfar afterwards.

Anyone any advice about where's best to park for a quick getaway. Have read it's street parking, so just looking for some local (or visiting) expertise. Thanks in advance!

I used to park at the Tesco at the bottom of Easter road and walk up. It’s meant to have a 2 hour limit but I’ve definitely breached it a few times and never been fined, not sure it has the technology to monitor it. 

I live legit a 30 second walk to the ground and the best place is usually at Leith Links down the bottom.

I actually have to move my car down there during games because my street is used for disabled parking on match days, good for a fairly quick getaway.

1 hour ago, barnseytheclaret said:

Going to the game this evening.

Heading back to Forfar afterwards.

Anyone any advice about where's best to park for a quick getaway. Have read it's street parking, so just looking for some local (or visiting) expertise. Thanks in advance!

If you can still get into it with the tram works Balfour street just off the walk is a good one

23 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Sainsbury's at Meadowbank. 

This.

There are some residential parking spots (like mine) much closer to the ground but Sainbury's is a 2 or 3 minute walk away and you will get out and onto the road out of Edinburgh a lot quicker from here than if you parked closer to the ground.

Used to park at Ocean Terminal and get a 34 up to Lochend Road, yeah the buses are a hassle but there's no parking time limit at OT and it's usually fairly empty early Saturday afternoons

7 hours ago, Dave1875 said:

Used to park at Ocean Terminal and get a 34 up to Lochend Road, yeah the buses are a hassle but there's no parking time limit at OT and it's usually fairly empty early Saturday afternoons

If you do that in the future you can hop on a 35 as it goes right up Easter Road so depending where you are in the ground that might take you a little closer or, in more normal times, would take you up by some good pubs on Easter Road :)

16 hours ago, RiG said:

There are some residential parking spots (like mine) much closer to the ground but Sainbury's is a 2 or 3 minute walk away and you will get out and onto the road out of Edinburgh a lot quicker from here than if you parked closer to the ground.

I was going to make a quip about Usain Bolt here but I see there is a (new?) bridge out the back of Sainbury's. Is it new and can you walk right through there to the away end? 

Game changer that. 

I usually park up on Regent Terrace/Carlton Terrace.

7 minutes ago, Radford said:

I was going to make a quip about Usain Bolt here but I see there is a (new?) bridge out the back of Sainbury's. Is it new and can you walk right through there to the away end? 

Game changer that. 

I usually park up on Regent Terrace/Carlton Terrace.

The bridge has, i think, been there for a good few years and I think there was some kind of informal path along the way there but that was before I moved to this area. The new path doesn't show up on Google Maps in satellite view but in the normal view you can see a thin line linking Lawrie Reilly Place to the Sainsbury's at Meadowbank. There was a temporary walkway there for a long time whilst they worked on new houses / flats in the area but they're all done now so the permanent path is in place. 

Edited by RiG

13 hours ago, RiG said:

If you do that in the future you can hop on a 35 as it goes right up Easter Road so depending where you are in the ground that might take you a little closer or, in more normal times, would take you up by some good pubs on Easter Road :)

Usually in East Stand bud so the walk up from Lochend Road helps to avoid the majority of the crowds. Would take anything that went up Easter Road, Lochend Road or Leith Walk before the last was dug up for the trams

On 22/07/2021 at 18:58, barnseytheclaret said:

Sainsbury's had a four hour limit

I have been using the Sainsburys / Path route for ages - it suits me if I am driving or if I get off the No5 on London road if there is a drinky involved.

To be honest I have never seen anyone policing it..............indeed this is the first time I even knew there was a limit.

Finally, even if they do give you a ticket its basically unenforcable in Scotland so wouldnt worry.

On 24/07/2021 at 09:47, Leith Green said:

I have been using the Sainsburys / Path route for ages - it suits me if I am driving or if I get off the No5 on London road if there is a drinky involved.

To be honest I have never seen anyone policing it..............indeed this is the first time I even knew there was a limit.

Finally, even if they do give you a ticket its basically unenforcable in Scotland so wouldnt worry.

Wish I'd known that, on Thursday, LOL. Thanks anyway. We had a great visit!