Red list teams, where are the games played?

realmadrid

As it stands either Celtic or St Johnstone are possibly going to play Galatasaray in the 3rd qualifying round of this seasons competitions.

Turkey remains on the UK governments red list.

Would this mean both legs of either tie being moved to a neutral venue? 

I know away fans ticket sales are banned but i will be gutted if we cannot host and Saints fans miss out on yet another big game.

I would have assumed that they would have had exemptions to travel, similar to the Euros, but I suppose that isn't definitely the case. I thought all previous cases of British clubs having to play at neutral venues were due to the rules in the other country rather than ours.

Edited by craigkillie

I have looked up Arsenal v Benfica and it was the UK rules that moved that game.

Arsenal also had to pay Benfica part of their match fee for not being able to travel to Portugal at the time.

Doing more digging its covered under Annex I of the regulations for this season and unless the rules change I think Galatasaray wont be coming to Scotland and both legs would be played on a neutral venue.

https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/026a-1285615ae806-5dd44e137f0c-1000/enclosure_1_annex_i_to_uecl_regulations_2021-22_final.pdf