Shift patterns

Worked various shift patterns over the years which was great for childcare but also knackering in terms of things like finishing at 3/4am and them getting back up to get them out for school but the balance to that was then having the house to yourself all day. Would say I preferred to work longer patterns than constantly changing as this seemed to suit my body clock better.

4 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

For a few weeks I worked 4AM - 12PM on a construction site in central Sydney. My commute took me through Sydney's gay district at around the time the clubs were closing, leading to the somewhat unusual daily experience of being cat-called by drag queens as I walked by in my work gear.

Make wolfwhistling illegal thread for this pish.

1 hour ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

For a few weeks I worked 4AM - 12PM on a construction site in central Sydney. My commute took me through Sydney's gay district at around the time the clubs were closing, leading to the somewhat unusual daily experience of being cat-called by drag queens as I walked by in my work gear.

tenor.gif

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Did split shifts in a hotel for a while, 0600-1200, back at 1800-12 midnight and repeat. That was knackering.

Split shifts are the devil's work 10.30-2 then 6-10.30 was a fairly typical way to screw the work-life balance for not many hours. Also a great way to ensure that half the staff for the evening service turn up bootered, caned or bootered and caned. 

Guest Shetlie60N

Mon,Tues days - Wed ,Thurs nights 

Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues off

Wed, Thurs days - Fri, Sat, Sun nights

Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs off

Fri, Sat, Sun days - Mon, Tues nights 

then 12 days off starting Wed morning 

12.5 hour shift, days 07:00 - 19:30,  Nights 18:45 - 07:15

5 team shift pattern 

Edited by Shetlie60N