Tokyo "2020"

Donathan

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

GB having a disaster in the team show jumping, first girl up had 16 faults, second guy had 8.

Bruce Springsteen's daughter is on the American team.

Is she on fire?

6 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Can't find first half of football listed, I have baseball on Eurosport 5. Looks like second half of football is on Eurosport 2. Mon Brasil.

On Eurosport 5 programme just starting

Getting incredibly sick of seeing "highlights" of events that only focus on the British Athlete's performance even in cases where they have won the bronze or not made the podium at all. It may be because their is less coverage overall compared with previous Olympics, but it is very tedious. 

Also, show jumping is fucking pish. How it's an Olympic sport is beyond me.

Edited by AuAl

20 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Despite being shite in rowing and athletics and meh in cycling it looks like we’ll finish 4th in the medal table which is as good as we could have asked for

Despite a relative lack of achievement in the track cycling GB has still won more medals than any other countries as things stand, just not as many gold medals as the last 3 or 4 Olympics. I think Hoy said earlier that when you factor in the mountain biking and BMX that GB are top of the overall cycling medal table. 

There have been huge improvements in the cycling from quite a few nations, most notably the Dutch and Danish team (who nicked one of Team GB's coaches not too long ago). If I remember correctly, something like 7 teams beat the previously set Olympic Record in the Men's Team Pursuit this time around. For a while GB had the most advanced track cycling programme but it seems the gap has been closed by quite a few teams. That said, as has previously been mentioned, the British team have actually preformed quite well so far and have a chance to win a few more. They have also been very unlucky in a couple of cases, like with Kate Marchant's crash.

Despite being shite in rowing and athletics and meh in cycling it looks like we’ll finish 4th in the medal table which is as good as we could have asked for
Still an outside chance for 3rd possibly. The boxing lassie and a couple more chances in the cycling could add another 3 at least

Only Welsh Athlete to compete & has taken a Bronze in the 1500m. Narrowly beaten for Silver.

Just off Farah's British Record, no mention of him getting a Welsh record.

*Apologies, that was Heyward. Kerr's Scottish, no doubt a Scottish record

Edited by kiddy

5 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

That's a superb run by Josh Kerr to bag a bronze in the 1500m, and he very nearly got a silver.

I don't think he expected the silver to be on for him, but he went for it and if he had went for it just a tad earlier he would have got it. Fine margins and all.