Tokyo "2020"

Donathan

14 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Is there any way of recording the archery to watch without knowing who wins? I'm sure for London BBC had about fifty channels now they're down to two. Will the iPlayer be showing everything or just the two channel options?

It's on discovery plus they have just advertised it if you are awake 

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

It's on discovery plus they have just advertised it if you are awake 

Ah, I don't have that. Never mind. Recorded the BBC coverage and have just caught up by fast forwarding early stages of rowing heats and cycling race. Baffling that they showed every heat in the rowing but didn't show a second of a British quarter final in the archery. Did find it on red button eventually but they had already told you the result by then... at one stage BBC One and Red Button were both showing the same cycling. 🙄

6 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Ah, I don't have that. Never mind. Recorded the BBC coverage and have just caught up by fast forwarding early stages of rowing heats and cycling race. Baffling that they showed every heat in the rowing but didn't show a second of a British quarter final in the archery. Did find it on red button eventually but they had already told you the result by then... at one stage BBC One and Red Button were both showing the same cycling. 🙄

Just seen a thing about why the beeb can only show 2 sports at the same time...basically it's the rights 

https://twitter.com/mrdanwalker/status/1418843014924021766?s=19

Edited by doulikefish

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Even so, Eurosport has about seven channels but some of them are showing a blank screen while events are ongoing. Maybe a rights issue again, I suppose.

London 2012 with about twenty channels was brilliant.

Yeah it's a shame we don't have a massive choice of what to watch.

For the record I watched a bit of 3x3 basketball and it's utter guff 🤣

I looked that up before and was surprised that America hadn't qualified, surely that's a shock? Or are different countries good at that like how Fiji are brilliant at Rugby Sevens?

Anyway, Ecuador wins gold in the cycling, first gold medal for them since 1996. Mon the diddies.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Just seen a thing about why the beeb can only show 2 sports at the same time...basically it's the rights 

https://twitter.com/mrdanwalker/status/1418843014924021766?s=19

...which makes it even more infuriating when they spend most of their time discussing what Geraint Thomas or Max Whitlock had for their breakfast. Eurosport much better, even just on their main 2 channels.

On 21/07/2021 at 22:36, Bully Wee Villa said:

Felt sorry for the girl who scored a hat-trick and still ended up on the side that lost 10-3. She should demand a transfer.

Barbra Banda of Zambia has scored another hat-trick, against China.

They drew 4-4.

Has anyone ever scored back to back hat-tricks in a tournament and not been on the winning side in either match before?

@HibeeJibee it's the sort of thing I expect you to know. 🙂

12 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Highlights seem pretty shite coverage as well.    Seems to be focused completely on what they covered live.

Anywhere you can get full highlights of other sports?  These really shouldn’t be difficult to get in 2021.  

discovery+ for that id imagine