Tokyo "2020"

Donathan

Right see my thing with the Olympics on the BBC, but Red Button aside, there are 207 countries* competing but you'll hear of nothing apart from team GB, on the main coverage. I want to see Germany v Brazil at Handball etc but you've no chance because Jason Kenny is eating his breakfast 

2 minutes ago, RosspCfc said:

Right see my thing with the Olympics on the BBC, but Red Button aside, there are 207 countries* competing but you'll hear of nothing apart from team GB, on the main coverage. I want to see Germany v Brazil at Handball etc but you've no chance because Jason Kenny is eating his breakfast 

Eurosport 😉

Been a fairly toned down ceremony which was to be expected. Just as well the Japanese didn't take a leaf out of Jeremy Hunts book of plans for the 2012 opener otherwise we would of had the Olympics touch delivered by dive bombing the American team.

Spoiler

If this is out of context, Hunt wanted to depict Britain beating Hitler by having someone dress up as the dictator.

6 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Eurosport 😉

Is there any way of recording the archery to watch without knowing who wins? I'm sure for London BBC had about fifty channels now they're down to two. Will the iPlayer be showing everything or just the two channel options?

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Is there any way of recording the archery to watch without knowing who wins? I'm sure for London BBC had about fifty channels now they're down to two. Will the iPlayer be showing everything or just the two channel options?

Just two channels.

Eurosport have the rights for all the streams. You can get a Discovery Plus subscription  then cancel before you have to pay.

32 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

No idea but that's why I prefer Eurosport they always cover the wee sports all the time

Eurosport also have a red button option although I haven't checked it out yet 

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

You press the red button and it takes you to a bunch of extra channels which you can flick through on Sky (channels 983-989). They all list a different sport but not archery.

Surprising as they recently showed the archery euro championships on the main channel which is a shame for you