Tokyo "2020"

Donathan

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

They were checking to see if it was a penalty. Before doing so they had to check if it was offside before the penalty. That's always been part of VAR. Not sure why Ellen White keeps running offside when she clearly has the beating of the Chileans for pace.

Probably needs some lenses in her specs. 

5 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I don't know if it's been posted elsewhere on here, but the 2032 Olympics will be in Brisbane. They were effectively the only bidder

https://news.sky.com/story/brisbane-named-as-host-city-for-2032-olympics-and-paralympics-12360372

Not sure how they plan on hosting the olympics when they’ll still have a closed border due to covid 

7 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I don't know if it's been posted elsewhere on here, but the 2032 Olympics will be in Brisbane. They were effectively the only bidder

https://news.sky.com/story/brisbane-named-as-host-city-for-2032-olympics-and-paralympics-12360372

Even pre-crisis these events were clearly getting too big/costly. No-one wanted Euro 2020; only Germany and Turkey wanted Euro 2024; Commonwealth Games perenially struggles; now Olympics.

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

Not sure how they plan on hosting the olympics when they’ll still have a closed border due to covid 

Just copy Melbourne 1956 and send them to Helsinki Stockholm.

Edited by HibeeJibee

5 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

If any of you stumble across highlights of Zambia v The Netherlands from the woman's football today then please check it out.  It'll make you feel better about your own team.

I know some folk like to go on about the standard of goalkeeping in Women's football but this game. Wow, just wow.

11 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I was moaning about this being even more difficult to watch in the UK due to the awkward viewing times. Was surprised to work out that, in our summer, Brisbane's timezone is actually an hour closer to us than Tokyo.

2 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

I know some folk like to go on about the standard of goalkeeping in Women's football but this game. Wow, just wow.

Felt sorry for the girl who scored a hat-trick and still ended up on the side that lost 10-3. She should demand a transfer.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Felt sorry for the girl who scored a hat-trick and still ended up on the side that lost 10-2. She should demand a transfer.

I know it's a misprint and it was 10-3 but I'm loving the thought of someone scoring three goals and their team only scoring two! 🤣

1 minute ago, RosspCfc said:

I know it's a misprint and it was 10-3 but I'm loving the thought of someone scoring three goals and their team only scoring two! 🤣

That's how bad they were. They even cancelled out one of her goals. 

(I better edit that... 😄)

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I was moaning about this being even more difficult to watch in the UK due to the awkward viewing times. Was surprised to work out that, in our summer, Brisbane's timezone is actually an hour closer to us than Tokyo.

Brisbane is an hour ahead of Tokyo so BST +11 just now and GMT +10 when you turn the clocks back. 

I worked it out as plus 7. But Googling it it, seems to be plus 9 now. So we are both wrong! You are correct that it is an hour worse than Tokyo from a UK perspective. 

It has just gone past 1 here. It should be just past 10 now in Brisbane, unless Google is lying to me...

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

19 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I worked it out as plus 7. But Googling it it, seems to be plus 9 now. So we are both wrong! You are correct that it is an hour worse than Tokyo from a UK perspective. 

It has just gone past 1 here. It should be just past 10 now in Brisbane, unless Google is lying to me...

10:20 in Brisbane as it’s 09:50 here in Adelaide. It’s BST +9 just now as we’re +8.5 and Tokyo is +8.

Edited by Eednud

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Adelaide's half timezone is the thing that really fucks with my head.

It’s an oddity we share with the Northern Territory as well as India, Sri Lanka and Newfoundland.

NZ leading South Korea 1-0 with less than 10 minutes to go. Wood with the goal after VAR. Egypt drew 0-0:with Spain and France had just scored with a penalty to make it 1-2 v Mexico last time I looked. 

"The Games shouldn't be happening," he says. "The Olympics is far more than competing, it's about partying, social interaction, learning about other countries, exploring the country you're in. None of that will happen.

"The fact they're going to hold all these events with no spectators is absurd. I don't understand why they're going ahead with it."

Bobby McGregor

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/swimming/57663009

50 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'm half watching the rowing heats on the red button. The rowing appears to be taking place in a bleak industrial estate next to Tokyo harbour.

Down by Disneyland I thought...last time I was in Tokyo there was a typhoon everything shut including the metro but Disneyland was still open it was most bizarre

Anyway opening ceremony today and if Godzilla isn't referenced then thats  the Olympics ruined