Tokyo "2020"

Donathan

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

And another last second defeat for a British Taekwondo athlete. Bianca Walkden fought back after being behind for pretty much the whole fight, and also getting 8 penalties, to lead with 3 seconds to go, only to be booted in the head (technical term) on the buzzer.

Ref was a bit card happy tbf. Plus he was dressed like a double glazing salesman. 

Every time I watch sevens I always wonder why the USA never seem to have Baker and Isles on at the same time.  They usually sub one for the other.  With possibly the two quickest guys on the circuit if you had one of them on either side of the pitch that would be a real threat.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Every time I watch sevens I always wonder why the USA never seem to have Baker and Isles on at the same time.  They usually sub one for the other.  With possibly the two quickest guys on the circuit if you had one of them on either side of the pitch that would be a real threat.

Carlin Isles' defence is seriously questionable, and Baker's is a bit iffy too. They can't afford to carry both of them if the other team have the ball.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Carlin Isles' defence is seriously questionable, and Baker's is a bit iffy too. They can't afford to carry both of them if the other team have the ball.

It's the Keegan philosophy though.  We'll score one more than you.

Yep - too much to ask the other 5 to cover them.

Turning point was getting that try just before halftime and the yellow card just after it.

Once it was level the momentum was going entirely in one direction

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Neither of them are particularly good rugby players really. Just very, very fast.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

I can't remember how this works in 7's but if the Argies get through does the boy that got red carded serve a suspension?

I'm not sure either, but given it was contact to the head, I'd be surprised if he played in the next round