Tokyo "2020"

Donathan

3 minutes ago, kiddy said:
51 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:
My only shock here is that KJT was uninjured for long enough to actually get selected for the Olympics.
Never understand these athletes that still plod on and on despite being knackered 95% of the time. Your body is telling you to pack it in.

Think, with heptathletes/decathletes, it's more a case of injury management for the most part.

Sure, it must bugger your body, but I honestly thought she had a treble-barrelled surname "Katarina Johnson-Thompson-Injured". Amazed she's only 28 as well because it seems like she's been pulling up lame and missing events for about 15 years solid.

Disclaimer.  Never been on a skateboard in my puff.  I’ve now watched it for 20 minutes so I’m obviously an expert.

They showed the lassies first.  Lots of skill and very few fuckups.

The men are on now and its like a testosterone fest.  When one of them nails a trick it looks more spectacular than the lassies.  The speed of adult males compared to 13 year old girls.  None of them can put a full run together though.  They need to calm the f**k down.

Disclaimer.  Never been on a skateboard in my puff.  I’ve now watched it for 20 minutes so I’m obviously an expert.
They showed the lassies first.  Lots of skill and very few fuckups.
The men are on now and its like a testosterone fest.  When one of them nails a trick it looks more spectacular than the lassies.  The speed of adult males compared to 13 year old girls.  None of them can put a full run together though.  They need to calm the f**k down.

I honestly think it’s awful. Any “sport”where you need the commentator to describe every single thing that is happening is shite. BBC need to get the athletics on.

8 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

I honestly think it’s awful. Any “sport”where you need the commentator to describe every single thing that is happening is shite. BBC need to get the athletics on.

They have now.  The British girls just pissed all over the Jamaicans and Yanks in the 4 x 100 heats.  Expect that to change when they bring in the big guns for the final though.

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Really feel sorry for Dina Asher-Smith, that was such a serious injury that she helped set a new British record in the relay

That's the BBC sports personality of the year nomination secured for Asher-Smith...

Hud oan...

Russian athletes get a global ban because of State sponsored doping, but no really, because they can compete provided they don't call themselves 'Russia'?

I take it it's the Russian Federation that is subject to the ban then, and not actually the doped-up, drug cheating athletes themselves, for some baffling reason?

Edited by Boo Khaki

13 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Hud oan...

Russian athletes get a global ban because of State sponsored doping, but no really, because they can compete provided they don't call themselves 'Russia'?

I take it it's the Russian Federation that is subject to the ban then, and not actually the doped-up, drug cheating athletes themselves, for some baffling reason?

They have been competing as Russian Olympic Committee

uIzxku5mXVZ70XWxZcx3Kg3CWiI=.gif